Second Skin Audio

Smart idea or idiotic?

So I'm workin on gettin my box as sealed as possible from the trunk and so far I have gorilla taped the front inside the cabin all off and made mdf panels that I placed in the trunk and put up against where the box meets the opening of the cabin and taped those off too...I want to use expanding foam now, but I'm stuck contemplating on how to do it..and then I came up with this idea...If I took a trash bag and pushed it into the space I want filled and then spray the great stuff into the trash bag wouldn't that theoretically make the trash bag conform to the trunk and seal it just like it would if the bag wasn't there? My thinking is that with the bag idea if I ever wanted to remove the foam alls id have to do is pull the bag out...and If you guys don't think the crazy bag idea will work then what should I do? I really don't want to stain and mess up shit with the foam...Also how should I fasten my box down? It sits on the false floor of the trunk...

Sounds solid to me try it and let us know how it goes.

You can also get 2" blue painters tape and cover any area you don't want foam to stick.

Keep us posted.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

just make sure the bag can conform the the shape, meaning weird turns mixed with sharp edges and a weak garbage bag could mean tears and foam where you dont want it.

but as long as the bag is strong sounds like a solid idea.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

agreed.

go hefty, hefty, hefty.

not wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.

'08 Chevy Cobalt coupe 2.2 base model trunk build:

2 9512iSC flatwound alum 1.5 coils

-extra 9500 spider pack

-8" platinum carbon dustcaps

1 DD Z1 (.375ohm nominally daily)

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)

i tried this once a few years ago. the foam never hardened inside the bag. give it a shot, just do a test bag first and make sure it cures.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You might want to try Pool noodles and stuff them in there or use a bike tire put it in place and fill it with air for a nice tight fit.

Tried the same thing as well, it did eventually harden but it barely expanded to double the size of the can and took forever to dry. The spray-foam ideally needs moisture and plenty of air to work properly.

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg