Second Skin Audio

SA-8 D4 box?

newb4976

i am willing to pay for help btw

Don't. Really, don't. Knowledge is free, especially in the audio world. 99% of what you hear is mainly opinion based. You don't want to pay for the wrong advice.

Suggestion would be to see who else uses them and see what they use, and it probably wouldn't hurt to stop over at the Sundown forum on this site. Probably get a better answer there. Jacob's a great owner and he'll help you out for sure.

Welcome to the club (the 8's club) :lol:

POTATO!

Ok since you give no data on vehicle and power or specific dimensions I am providing this port/sub same face it will work nicely on a trunk type car an up to about rated power if is suitable build it if not use it as reference:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 36 Hz

Vb = 0.7 ft^3

External Height = 10 in

External Width = 23 in

External Depth = 11 in

Port Width = 1 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 21 x 8 1/2

Back = 23 x 8 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 9 1/2 x 8 1/2

Side 2 = 10 1/4 x 8 1/2

Top & Bottom = 23 x 11

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 8 1/4 x 8 1/2

Extension = 17 x 8 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

SamplePorted.png

Provide additional data on your application and I will customize it for you.

Ok since you give no data on vehicle and power or specific dimensions I am providing this port/sub same face it will work nicely on a trunk type car an up to about rated power if is suitable build it if not use it as reference:

its a 96 Toyota camry, and thank you for those specs, but im also confused on how to measure the length of a port, do you do it down the middle of the port? or just the length of the mdf used for it? i also don't understand what you mean by front to back port length, do you mean from the face of the sub to the back of the box? and what do you mean extension? i am sorry but i am i "noob" at car audio and i would like to learn, but im not trying to be an annoyance, also, do you think that 1 1/8 inch port width is enough for the sa-8? it does have a lot of excursion.

also i have an 1100 watt amp wired @ 2ohms putting out around 550 to the sub right now

its a 96 Toyota camry, and thank you for those specs, but im also confused on how to measure the length of a port, do you do it down the middle of the port? or just the length of the mdf used for it? i also don't understand what you mean by front to back port length, do you mean from the face of the sub to the back of the box? and what do you mean extension? i am sorry but i am i "noob" at car audio and i would like to learn, but im not trying to be an annoyance, also, do you think that 1 1/8 inch port width is enough for the sa-8? it does have a lot of excursion.

also i have an 1100 watt amp wired @ 2ohms putting out around 550 to the sub right now

Ok so the box I posted is adequate for your type of car and will fit the trunk, the cut sheet list I have provided already includes the two port parts you need to cut, just requires you to assemble the parts as in the figure (so no port measuring along the centerline is needed):

Extension = 17 x 8 1/2

Anyway the center line length is 28" if you want to check.

You may ask me though to change the tuning or about any other thing that you want.

Ok so the box I posted is adequate for your type of car and will fit the trunk, the cut sheet list I have provided already includes the two port parts you need to cut, just requires you to assemble the parts as in the figure (so no port measuring along the centerline is needed):

Extension = 17 x 8 1/2

Anyway the center line length is 28" if you want to check.

You may ask me though to change the tuning or about any other thing that you want.

i understand all of what you have posted but front to back 8 1/4 x 8 1/2, and extension 17 x 8 1/2, could you maybe do a diagram to further explain what that means?

Also, again, is 10.6875 inches of port enough for this sub?

Archived