Different sized rear batteries..

looks like you ignored this post

The main issue is that when they are of different types, one may have a slightly higher resting voltage than the other. Even if this is a few milivolts, the higher batt will charge the lower batt, when that drops down then it will feed back off of the lower batt. And this happens over and over and over and the plates heat up and cause the batts to wear down prematurely

will it work yes will you get more amps yes will it shorten the life of your batts YES there is your problem

that is the only draw back kthanksbye Mr. knowitall

Thanks for expanding on that alpine....knowledge is appreciated :)

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

not saying not to do it ether but you cant tell people its fine wont hurt anything cause i do it.... if you tell the OP yes i do it but it can and will kill the life of the batt and his choice is to still do it thats on him its his money and equipment do what you please with it but you have to tell them the repercustions of doing it instead of i do it your fine

i mean ive done it my damn self running diff batts but i know what damage it can cause and still did it

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

thanks a ton for all the logical arguments! Im not goin to mix wet and dry.. I see all the good and bad points!!!

try like half the life there is no set number tho it could take half the life 3/4 of it or just a quater depends on the batt

but if it takes 3/4 of the life a batt that last 4 years will now last 1 year rule of thumb i would automaticaly minus half its life if doing this

oh wait your the smart guy that thinks high post count = beat up equipment well in your case i say it will take 99% of its life away cause you are clueless

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Why do the batteries keep charging and discharging themselves vs. Just a state of equilibrium?

This post has soo many assumptions running in it. I can tell you that the dry-cell and agm batteries are basically the same inside. This is from actually working in the plant that manuf. most of the dry cell batteries for a variety of companies. Ford,gm,chrysler,walmart,sams club, advanced auto, interstate.. etc. I been thinking about runnign this interstate megatron up front and this yellowtop optima in the back myself. The same type of battery I always chalked up to urban myth. I am not sure about wet cell vs dry cell. The optima is a dry cell agm battery and the interstate is also a dry cell battery. I always thought what would happen is they would drop down to the lowest resting voltage of the battery whatever that is.. so if one is 12.9 and the other 12.5 the one would feed on the other till the two were the same voltage. Could be totally wrong thou.

" Even if this is a few milivolts, the higher batt will charge the lower battery"

I doubt its that big... buy 2 identical batterys, and ill bet the farm they both dont rest that close to each other..... just tossing that out there...

EDIT - guess what im saying, if you buy a d3400 for front and a d3100 for the rear, and they dont match each other that close... would it be an issue??.... i bought my battery from nathan himself, and he knew i had a yellow top up front, and he didnt seem all that concerend... did he recomend a XS up front? sure,... ... did he send me a d3100? quick as shit.....

Edit 2 - and the higher battery doesnt "charge" the lower... i mean, amperage wise,... what does a battery 'pull" ???? To me, they will find equal, between the 2, and rest there.... and cutting it half life?? wow... i dunno....

Edited by KyLar96