Class D for SQ mid amp?

audio1der

Found one, though I'm not surprised at the price, tube amps aren't known to be cheap, actually known the be the opposite

http://www.butleraudio.com/car.php

I'd recommed and think about using these WAY sooner than I would a Class D amp ... regardless of technology

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Tube amp from Japan.

http://www.phass.com/#

I'd like to know the prices on these ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Tube amps are not about being a better type of amplifier. They are designed and used to provide a different kind of sound.

here is a couple Butler amps for you..... In my truck.

IMG-20120619-00547.jpg

051-1.jpg

And I would still put Gary's Alpine class D car against the the bigger teams any day. Last time he wen't against those teams, he did very well. I would trust someone who has a good enough ear to win 4 academy awards and a good number of nominations to say whether or not class d design amps are worth his time to tune.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Bottom line is there are class D amps that will perform the same as A/B amps because technology has come so far. But I still think that the most expensive/best A/B amp will have better SQ on the best D class/most expensive one.

Either way my alpine V12's are A/B and for how good they sound and hor dirt cheap they are I couldn't pass it up

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

IMG-20120619-00547.jpg

051-1.jpg

Dang ... Awesome setup Sir !!! Wish I could get a demo

Even though my class a/b amps still get hot and overheat i will still continue to use them over the class d counterparts.

It may take a few more years to get them to pass an a/b amp in all aspects but they are certainly getting close.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

As much as I love to demo other amps ... and yes, I would love to demo Class D full range, Class A, and any other musical amp out there,

I have always owned Linear Power and will never Change ... Same way I feel about Chevy trucks, I will never own a Ford or Dodge ... Just me ...

With Technology, we all know anything is possible Look at NASCAR, the cars are very similar so the drivers make the difference, same way with installation in vehicles ... So I feel that amy amp (regardless of class) that is WELL Built and installed properly should be able to "hold its own" in its category ... which will leave chance to "Owner prefference", the way it should be ...

So bring what you have to the lanes ... I can't wait to deno them and I will have my Linear Power with me !!! Win or loose, I don't give a shit, but you can bet you ass I'm going to have some fun !!!

Archived