Good Job. You have given me a lot of good ideas for my own m3 e46.

Question that you might have an answer for: Can I buy an amp for new 2-way front speakers and keep the stock amp to run the rear four speakers? and can I run the new amp from the wires to the stock amp or do i have to run new wires from the stock radio?

Can my stock radio handle more amps? does it have an effect besides FM quality?

I have a Pyle and a home made box in the trunk powered by a very nice amp RMS 600W (name forgotten) but during some songs the front tweeters get distorted. would this be solved by another amp for the front? Can spend $350 on the new amp and speakers for front.

Please help <3 you are the exact person i am looking for :)

Grade "A" build bro. Read through it again for the sex appeal

HEY HEY SHARE SHARE THAT'S FAIR!! I wanna know the solution. I haven't ordered mine yet, so i'd like to know what you come up with. I was worried about that as well, how far back it was going to come.

It's actually a pretty simple solution, I should have looked into it much sooner.

Let's see if you can guess what it is...? :D

Good Job. You have given me a lot of good ideas for my own m3 e46.

Question that you might have an answer for: Can I buy an amp for new 2-way front speakers and keep the stock amp to run the rear four speakers? and can I run the new amp from the wires to the stock amp or do i have to run new wires from the stock radio?

Can my stock radio handle more amps? does it have an effect besides FM quality?

I have a Pyle and a home made box in the trunk powered by a very nice amp RMS 600W (name forgotten) but during some songs the front tweeters get distorted. would this be solved by another amp for the front? Can spend $350 on the new amp and speakers for front.

Please help <3 you are the exact person i am looking for :)

Thanks! Always great to see another M.

I was actually going to keep my factory HU and try to tap into the wires initially. The more I looked into it the more I didn't want the hassle.

The HU sources your signal to the factory amps in the trunk. One larger module on the drivers side for the highs and there's a tiny amp for the 6x9 "subs" right next to them.

Sure you can include an aftermarket amp and speakers to the doors, you'll just have to tap into the either the HU signal to the factory amps, or the speaker outputs from the factory amps. I would lean towards the HU outputs as they have the potential to be cleaner signals although I believe they are differential signals so your amp and/or LOC would have to be able to handle that.

The other notso fun part would be digging through the MASS of wires going to those factory modules in the trunk and figure out which are the correct wires.

There isn't a lot of clear data online, I found a lot of contradicting info between sites.

You could try a very reputable audio shop and see if they have access to wiring diagrams, or dig around online yourself.

"Can your stock radio handle more amps?" Yes, as long as you use equipment with a high input impedance so you're not loading down the HU outputs.

Although if you're not using factory equipment/inputs, I would disconnect them so you're not loading anything that you don't need to.

"Your front tweeters distort". I've found that even though my stock system was labeled Harmon Kardon, it was FAR from any Harmon system I've heard.

The stock speakers are garbage and I doubt the factory amps are much better so you stating that your tweeters distort doesn't surprise me.

I noticed a HUGE difference when I swapped my factory highs for my Hertz Hi-Energy components. MUCH brighter and cleaner sound.

If you have a tight budget and don't want to do too many modifications, I would suggest as a first step to simply replace the factory speakers with a decent set of components.

That should make a huge improvement in your sound for minimal investment. Then if its not enough then add an aftermarket amp and go from there.

The hardest part of this would be the wiring but I find that its very rewarding to tackle this yourself, especially when you get to hear the results for the first time. :good:

Hope that helps. Good luck and post up some pics! Maybe even start your own build log. There's a LOT of supportive people on here that have lots of great ideas.

Good to see progress! Always loved this build. Keep at it

Grade "A" build bro. Read through it again for the sex appeal

internet-bro-fist_zpsac0ecbd3.jpg

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Brofist! LMAO!! Nice!

I have a thought on it that I was looking for, and I think we even talked about it, but I don't know that you're going that direction.

The other thing I was thinking of was an arm on the seat that slides, the actuator standing up and down (probably a much shorter one because I don't think it would need to be very long) and it moves the arm which slides along a track and moves the seat out. I'm sure this doesn't make sense in words, it does in my head though.

I'll just wait and see what you have in store and see how close my ideas are to yours!

So hurry up!! :drink40:

Archived