Sundown Audio

Broken ZX350.4. HELP!?!

Thats kinda how I'm feeling. What would you pay for a used ZX350.4 (its the older model by the way)???

With how his is? Or how he thinks it is... used meh 100, then again pricing does varry from person to person

Edited by TheNewbie

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Yeah it's online for $100 OBO, and when I texted him and ask he specifically said make me an offer. Would it be a good idea to unhook my bass amp and wire up the 350.4 to make sure it actually works if I go and see this guy? Thanks for helping this noob out

2000 Jeep Cherokee

15" Alpine Type R box build coming soon!

i would ask him to hook it up for you and check to make sure all channels work

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

That amp has Remote on, DC Offset, and signal sensing options to turn it on. Maybe the seller is an idiot and doesn't know what he is doing. Like Deathcards said go look at it and have him hook it up. Just watch him and if you can see he is obviously doing something wrong and the amp works fine just don't say anyhing. Buy it and hook it up.

There is a switch to select which method of remote on it uses, if he is doing it wrong all you have to do is quietly buy it, take it home, put the switch in the right spot and enjoy.

Edit

here is an excerpt from the kicker manual;

1. Automatic Turn-On Selection The ZX series offers three different automatic turn-on modes that can

be selected on the end panel; +12V, DC Offset, and Audio. Using either the DC Offset or Audio mode

causes the REM terminal to have +12V out for turning on additional ampli ers.

Remote Turn-On Set the switch to +12V to use the remote turn-on lead from your source unit. Run

18 Ga wire from the Remote Turn-On Lead on your source unit to the terminal labeled REM between the

ampli er’s positive and negative power terminals. This is the preferred automatic turn-on method.

DC Offset Turn-On If Remote Turn-On is not an option, the next best setting is DC Offset. The DC

Offset mode detects a 6 volt surge from the HI Level speaker outputs when the source unit has been

turned on.

Signal Sense Turn-On The Audio setting is the nal alternative for Automatic turn-on. This is a Signal

Sense turn-on method that detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically

turns on the amp. This turn-on method will not work properly if the input gain control is not set

appropriately

Edited by strangeduck

That is one of the first things that came to mind. I installed a Kicker 250.1 just a couple weeks ago in a friends truck and that switch was there. Was that switch a feature in the 2006 model (quite sure that is what is for sale, with the gain+frequency dials on the top plate) I can't seem to find it and am starting to assume it wasn't a feature in the 06 model

2000 Jeep Cherokee

15" Alpine Type R box build coming soon!