Check again it was done awhile ago

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Here it goes.

I met Rob last year in November. He claimed to have 10 years of experience plus PLENTY of pictures of his past "projects." The first build went well, there was a thread here on it and it looked decent. When it was rebuild time I started talking to him on a daily basis. Every now and then he would say stuff that would have me second guess his experience. For example, he told me that because amps such as DC and Sundown weren't CEA rated that for all we know they don't put out.

Anyways, the build was going to consist of the following. Here's everything I was going to purchase through him, plus all the materials and labor.

2 Nightshade V.3 15 (I'll get more into this later)

2 Massive D8000

Knukonceptz OFC Wiring 100FT

Knukonceptz RCAs

Rockford Fosgate 360.2

Box for the woofers

Trunk Tub

Trunk Lid

HIDS for a 2010 Charger

Cut out the rear deck and rebuild the entire thing

I dropped my car off to him on February 14th, it was supposed to be a 2 week job max. After I got the "Nightshade V.3 15s" I noticed that they obviously weren't the new Nightshades. Rob told me beforehand that "You don't know what Jacob is capable of" and they I was in all actuality getting the new Nightshades. I emailed Jacob and he told me that the motors weren't even in production at that time. I called Rob and told him this immediately, he acted surprised but I also found out that they had all Nightshade soft parts and upgraded spiders. Plus he sold them to me for WAY BELOW map pricing.

Anyways, that following Sunday he told me that the Massive amps were DOA because there were bad transistors in the amps. Him and another well known audio guy looked at em from what he said. He also said that he needed to push the build back another week because he needed to order new amps. To cut a lot of time off, I ended up spending a whole month without my car and the build still wasn't done. He told me what was holding us back was the fact that he re ordered the 2 Massive amps and only 1 of them had came in at the time. So I decided to take my car and drop it off a week later.

Now at this time the only things that were done was the box, a few wiring upgrades, an amp rack and 1 massive amp. He was in the middle of making my trunk tub but it warped overnight and fucked the entire thing up. After I dropped off my car for the 2nd time he ended up getting into a wreck with an 18 wheeler and fractured his hand. Yeah I know sounds like another lie from him, but it actually happened. So he told me that the build would have to end up getting pushed back again, which was understandable.

At this time the rear deck was completed and the box was re wrapped. He also claimed that the HIDS were put it. I had to pick up my car from his house while he wasn't there. I was in a hurry so I was dropped off and didn't get a chance to look over everything.

When I got home I was PISSED. The box looked like a 12 year old wrapped it, the "panels around the box" was 1 piece of wood wrapped in shitty vinyl. The amp rack had 10 gauge power and groud wiring to my front and rear stage amps. He used KCA Knukoncepts wiring everywhere, which wouldn't be a problem HAD I NOT payed for OFC wiring and he told me he would use OFC wiring. The rear deck was the stock piece wrapped in vinyl with holes cut out for the speakers. He left glue all over my trunk and trunk lid which still isn't coming out. He broke several clips and retainers in my car. He didn't hook up the volt meter properly so it stayed on 24/7. Plus everything sounded like shit AND the fucking HIDS weren't in.

I called him, and only got a few questions through before my phone died. He said that the reason the rear deck didn't have holes cutout for the ports was because "it gets lower that way." He also said that the 2nd massive amp was coming in soon, and the volt meter would flicked when connected to the dimming light in my car and it needed a diode. He also said that he paid a guy at the shop to install the HIDS.

I called around a few places that weekend. Turns out the shop NEVER belonged to him, pictures he's posted of "his work" before really were never his, he's only been into audio for 2 years or so now, he NEVER even ordered the 2 Massive amps that arrived DOA, he NEVER paid or gave the guy at this shops the HIDS to install. Plus to top it all off I found out that he screwed another guy over for a headunit.

So I call him on a Monday and tell him all of this, he offered to give me a substantial amount of my money back plus the 2nd massive amp. Just give him till Friday and he'll have the Massive amp and my money. Friday comes around and he disappears, turns his phone off and everything. Monday comes around and I'm not too happy. He says he has the amp on him and to meet him up. He sends me on a while goose chase for an hour until he tells me that he's going to get a cashers check and that we could meet up later that night. He then again turns his phone off and disappears.

Tuesday comes and I'm pissed. He then tells me that his wife kicked him out of the house Friday and the amp has been there since then. I then called him out about the lie because the day before he said he had it on him. He quits responding and turns off his phone. Wednesday comes and I go to the shop where he says he got my amp from. The shop only does cash up front, and NO ONE in the entire shop had ever saw him or heard of him. I even showed them pictures of him. So I call him and tell him all of this. He's still making up excuses so I tell him that I just want my damn money back. He then offered to refund me the original amount plus the money for the massive amp. He even took a pic of the pending transaction on PayPal and sent it to me. Several days later he changed his phone number. So yeah, that's my story.

ROB IF YOU'RE READING THIS JUST FYI YOU ARE NO LONGER A SUNDOWN DEALER. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CALL SOMEONE OVER THERE SO THEY CAN TELL YOU THEMSELVES.

Edited by Toofast4u

Here are some REAL pics of Rob's work. Now take this into consideration. This is his best work, I told him to go balls to the walls crazy on this build.

The box, this did a 137 in the kick at 44hz. He GUARANTEED that it was capable of doing a 150 after all was said and done. Ports up subs back. He also told me that this was would be louder than firing forward sealing off. It looks WAY better in pics than in person. download.jpg

The top of the box, and the trim panel I was talking about. IMAG0263.jpg

The amp rack IMAG0266.jpg

The 4 gauge wiring was cut off. Pasta Noodles FTL IMAG0267.jpg

The failed trunk tub leftovers IMAG0270.jpg

10 gauge galore! IMAG0275.jpg

rear deck wrapped in vinyl IMAG0276.jpg

I had to cut the hole out because the deck was severely choking the ports. Remember it gets lower that way according to him IMAG0278.jpg

That "trim piece" again IMAG0280.jpg

Double baffle FTW! IMAG0281.jpg

So yeah, his best work. He's a joke and doesn't need to be in the car audio industry anymore. Just my $.02

so this guy has his own audio shop?

No, he was using a shop from someone, and having everyone in this forum believing he has a shop. Toofast4u will have another thread about how he really is.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

so this guy has his own audio shop?

No, he was using a shop from someone, and having everyone in this forum believing he has a shop. Toofast4u will have another thread about how he really is.

Story is up top man lol. I explained the whole shop part somewhere in there.