Where to put 2 sets of composites

Getting 2 sets of hertz hi energy 6 1/2 comps. Got a 2003 bravada. Wondering what the best setup for them is. Put one set in front and one in back. Tweeters in a pillar and top of rear doors. Or should I put both sets in the front and just get some 2 ways for the back.

Headunit - Sony DSX-200X

Subs - (2) Modified American Bass 18's

Monoamp - DD M4

Front Stage - CDT HD62-AS components with

4 Crescendo PWX 6.5

4 Channel Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4

Cadence 0 gauge

Singer 275 amp Alt

D7500 XS Power battery

Quad 1/0 input Toolmaker terminals

SMD OM-1

RGB LEDs

BUILD LOG CURRENT ABOVE SETUP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191602-2003-bravada-2-18s-ab-dd-xs-singer/

BUILD LOG (2 MTX 7512's)http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/size]

Do those door pannels have factory locations for a component set in all 4 doors ??

I think the chevy Trailblazer does ... Well, atleast the one we worked on did ... thinking it was a Bose setup ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Do those door pannels have factory locations for a component set in all 4 doors ??

I think the chevy Trailblazer does ... Well, atleast the one we worked on did ... thinking it was a Bose setup ...

The one I worked on recently did as well... Not sure about a Bravada.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

When in the vehicle you'll most likely be in the front, so you want your sound stage to be in the front as well. Some people like to run a rear sound stage either for fill or for passengers as well. Others prefer to only run a front sound stage with no rear fill. The later option is more commonly found in sq cars as a opposed to most daily driver and street cars which typically run a rear fill.

pgsig.png

Comp in front and back then run active! That's what I'ma do.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Any reason all in the front and none in the rear seating area?

Most Sound Quality vehicles run front stage only ... true ... But most of those vehicles I've demoed seem to be lacking rear ambience to me ...

Most people do not run rear drivers because they think that adding rear drivers will pull their stage back instead of being up and out on the hood where it should be ...

In my opinion, if you can not run rears because it pulls your front stage back behind the radio ... you installed your system wrong ... plain and simple ...

Rears should be installed to compliment your front stage to enhance stage width and give that rear ambience effect like your hear in movie theatres ...

And I cant stand the driver seat sounding perfect and the passenger seat sound like shit ... This is why I ONLY compete 2 seat judging ... Both seats should sound great !!!

My wife drives alot and I like to hear my sound system sounding good on the passenger side as well as the driver seat ...

If you have a daily driver where 4 people sit and ride alot ... 4 door component set installs sound great ... you can always adjust the system with fader and EQ ...

My kids ride in the back seat of mine all of the time ...

This decision mainly depends on what do YOU want out of your system ... people ride in your back seat ??

You want great sounding music ?? or are you interested in stage and image ??

Honnestly, I would do a component set in each door ... I think that Trail Blazer (Bose setup) had a 8" driver in the front doors, So I know that a 8" component set will go in those doors, and a 6.5" component set in the rears ... put a shit ton of power on them and you should be very suprised with your system ... Remember to use your fader and EQ for stage and image ...

again ... all of this is just my suggestions based on what I've seen done to those vehicles in Sound Quality competitions ...

Best of luck to you Sir ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch