Basically Joe the best thing to do is find something taht you are comfortable riding but know your limits and respect the bike regardless of what ever you choose bro... They can be finnicky bitches LOL

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Rockets are not the way to start. I always wanted one, but fortunately Insurance was too high for my young ass. I got an old honda magna v45, and I loved it. You'll pay less, and cry less when some moron runs it over in the parking lot. You might find you like the classiv harley style anyhow. They sure as hell are way more comfortable than hunching over the gas tank all day.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

But i see in your sig that you own a 250 so you are understandably defensive against comments against 250s. size only matters when you ride like an idiot.

Not so much defensive as just saying how I feel on a 250. I've had mine for a few months and still enjoy it every time I go out and try to push myself to learn more each ride, but most people think that just because you can ride somewhere means you're experienced to move up. Plenty of people start big and are fine, but just as many start big and end up severely hurt/killed because they can't handle it in an "oh shit" moment or handle it in general. Like I've said before, I'd rather see someone really learn how to ride and stay safe instead of jumping on a big bike because everyone else does. And 250 comments don't bother me, I enjoy riding for what it is and could care less what others say. Just ride safe and have fun.

Rockets are not the way to start. I always wanted one, but fortunately Insurance was too high for my young ass. I got an old honda magna v45, and I loved it. You'll pay less, and cry less when some moron runs it over in the parking lot. You might find you like the classiv harley style anyhow. They sure as hell are way more comfortable than hunching over the gas tank all day.

They're not that much. My 636 costs me $20 a month after fines from my first bike. My wifes Ninja 250 was an extra $4 to add onto my policy. As far as it tipping over, buy a GOOD set of frame sliders or a street cage. I purposely drop mine just to show people how it protects the bike.

tip1.jpg

As for comfort, yes, they suck after about 4 hours of riding. But if you're 'hunched' over the tank, you either have super short arms or you're tucked.. Sportbikes are all I've ever owned. They're not bad to start on. It's just the idiots out there that give them a bad rep. As said a billion times already, respect it and you'll be fine. Most common thing you'll probably encounter (aside from other assholes in cars) is coming into corners too hot. Just gotta trust your tires and lean, lean, lean and look where you want to go. Don't look at the road ahead. These things will stick MUCH more than you can imagine.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

They're not that much. My 636 costs me $20 a month after fines from my first bike. My wifes Ninja 250 was an extra $4 to add onto my policy. As far as it tipping over, buy a GOOD set of frame sliders or a street cage. I purposely drop mine just to show people how it protects the bike.

As for comfort, yes, they suck after about 4 hours of riding. But if you're 'hunched' over the tank, you either have super short arms or you're tucked.. Sportbikes are all I've ever owned. They're not bad to start on. It's just the idiots out there that give them a bad rep. As said a billion times already, respect it and you'll be fine. Most common thing you'll probably encounter (aside from other assholes in cars) is coming into corners too hot. Just gotta trust your tires and lean, lean, lean and look where you want to go. Don't look at the road ahead. These things will stick MUCH more than you can imagine.

Just out of curiosity, who do you go through? My insurance honestly wanted more to insure me than it was going to cost me to buy the bike I wanted. IT was just an old ninja 600. 1300 big ones to insure it for the year. Also are you 19 haha? Bastards think I'm trying to wipe out, I swear. As if I didn't race motocross since I was 12.

Oh and I'm 6'2", so no short arms here! Might have just been a little bit small of a bike...

I'm with Allstate. I'm 24. And you can ride dirt bikes all your life. They don't care about that. I did as well. You're comparing apples to oranges there. Super sports are a whole different monster. I was paying just over that at 17 with my first bike though.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Imma have to look into that..... I know it, I've rode them plenty. I had some supermotos I had fun with too. And yeah, I don't think I can afford another bike while i'm still in college. poo. Thanks for the response.

Check out Progressive insurance as well. They gave me the cheapest rate and I've heard other riders saying they got the best deal through them. I'm 22 and I pay $29 a month for full coverage and lots of it. Of course that's for a 250, but I've seen people get rates around that for ninja 650's.

Foremost will be probably the cheapest insurance company for bikes from my experience.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Joe I got a buddy up here that has a 98' busa 1200 with a few aftermarket things on it for sale for $6k or atleast I think that's what he said pm me and I can get more details.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Archived