So ive always wanted a motorcycle(streetbike) but I have been to big for one, But since I'm in the process of losing weight I deiced I would start looking around at some bikes to see what I like. I have drove a few of my friends bikes(600gxr and a hayabusa) So I'm not a beginner beginner but I still don't know what would be a good first one? I like the look of the KAWASAKI ZX6R NINJA and the GSXRs, but like I said its just going to be my first bike, Eventually I want a hayabusa, I love the way they look.

Edit: Looking to spend around $6k

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

I would recommend you pick up a used on as your first bike. because your gonna dump it at least once. i know you said you've ridden your friends bikes if youve never had your own. there are only two types of riders those that have dumped thier bike and those that are gonna dump their bike. I bought my first bike (a CBR F4i) brand new and totaled it 3 months later.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

I started on a gsxr 1000. Honestly the besy way to build skill on one is to start smaller and work your way up as you sharpen your skills. Someone who starts on a ninja 250 and works up to a busa in 10 years will be a much better rider than a person who started on a busa and has 10 years experience on it.

Throttle control and torque are HUGE differences between sportbikes and the rest. Any supersport bike whether its a kawi, suzuki, honda, yami are built for one purpose and thats racing. Any of the bikes youve listed are racing machines with mirrors and lights to make them street legal.

That being said im a brand whore for suzuki, GSXR all day. Every toy i have dirtbikes, quads, sportbike all suzuki. Dont listen to the body size makes a difference on a 600 to a 1000 crap, both have enough torque and top end to pull you off the seat, just not as much top speed. If you've never really got on a 1000 you might want to borrow one from a friend or someone and try it for a few days before you get dead set on it. Whatever you decide to buy, keep $1500 of whatever you plan to spend for GOOD gear, leather jacket, helmet, over ankle boots, and gloves with knuckle protection. Sweat dries faster than roadrash heals.

Look into taking the MSF basic riders coarse, people who have ridden for years before taking the class have said they learned alot.

Just sayin :shrug:

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I started on a gsxr 1000. Honestly the besy way to build skill on one is to start smaller and work your way up as you sharpen your skills. Someone who starts on a ninja 250 and works up to a busa in 10 years will be a much better rider than a person who started on a busa and has 10 years experience on it.

Throttle control and torque are HUGE differences between sportbikes and the rest. Any supersport bike whether its a kawi, suzuki, honda, yami are built for one purpose and thats racing. Any of the bikes youve listed are racing machines with mirrors and lights to make them street legal. Whatever you decide to buy, keep $1500 of whatever you plan to spend for GOOD gear, leather jacket, helmet, over ankle boots, and gloves with knuckle protection. Sweat dries faster than roadrash heals.

Look into taking the MSF basic riders coarse, people who have ridden for years before taking the class have said they learned alot.

Just sayin :shrug:

Agreed.

Since it's a first bike you shouldn't be concerned about how fast or pretty it is, you should concentrate on really learning to ride the bike (not just from point A to B.). The faster the bike the less forgiving it will be when you make a mistake, and you'll make plenty of them starting out. Look into a used 250, either the ninja 250 or cbr 250 (if you can find one used), then after you get a lot of experience and miles under your belt then think about upgrading. Most people who have been riding encourage starting small and working your way up for the fact that you'll learn a lot more pushing a 250 towards its limits which you can't really do with a 600cc+ bike. And also take the MSF, you never know what you could learn that could eventually save you.

Also, used 250's can be had for <$3500 so that leaves plenty of money to get good gear. Just read up and educate yourself on what you're getting into, it's about having fun not trying to look good.

A used started bike ya should get. 250 or something. Mine was a ninja 250. I seen people think that can handle the bigger bikes and end up destroying them shortly after they get them. Be best to work ya way up that way ya get more experience and learn a little more. As far as different ridding conditions and the a-hole drivers out there. The close call wipe outs and all that. I know I am glad I got a starter bike. As I was on my way home from getting it I was cut off and plowed a curb. The longer I drove I more I learned on how to save from a lot of the close calls. I now have an suzuki gsx 1300r hayabusa that I got for a steal at a police auction.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

I don't think you guys realize that he would look like a pocket bike rider on a 250. Whatever you do find something used

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I don't think you guys realize that he would look like a pocket bike rider on a 250. Whatever you do find something used

Lol exactly im 6'3 and plan on getting to 220lbs. i know my limits and im not throttle happy, i know its different but when i was younger 14-16 i had a 125cc moped i drove daily. Plus i probably have 2 hours on friends bikes. Its not much but its enough to understand it all.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Lol exactly im 6'3 and plan on getting to 220lbs. i know my limits and im not throttle happy, i know its different but when i was younger 14-16 i had a 125cc moped i drove daily. Plus i probably have 2 hours on friends bikes. Its not much but its enough to understand it all.

It's not about being 'throttle happy', it's about learning how to handle a bike in all kinds of situations. Anyone can say they can control the throttle but it's when you make a mistake and grab too much throttle/brake that people dump the bike. And the 08+ ninja 250's look like a regular sport bike to most people.

10_Kawasaki_Ninja_250R.jpg

Archived