Windows down = less bass?

Perhaps unrelated, but does your port have enough room to breathe on the side?

thats exactly was i was about to ask

i dont see how your loosing so much output when you put the windows down, could just be your car, but little stuff like that could make a huge diffrence, in those cars its hit or miss with port side

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i haven't measured from port to side of the car, but if i had to guess it'd probably be around 3-4 inches of clearance.

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

Think of it like this. If you open up something, the further you open it up the less airspace would be contained in the confined area. So when you open up the windows you are losing the ability to keep all that air enclosed and remain pressurized in the cabin. For lower frequencies it seems that keeping the windows open will assist with hitting the lower notes because it needs the airspace to help hit the low notes.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

That's how my Explorer is. When I have the back windows down I lose output at ~30hz and below and gain ~35hz and above. It's like having 2 frequency responses.

I did notice though, with the back windows down I get more excursion. Maybe it has something to do with the sub loading off of the roof?

• 2 weeks later...

i know with my passenger window it sound louder but with the driver window down it the complete opposite. but like it has been said every car is different. maybe try just 1 window open at a time and go from there. a good compination of windows being open all the way and some being partialy opened and other closed. you never truely know unless you meter it while messing with the windows. a small difference in the window could make big difference or to small of a difference for your ear to hear.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 1 month later...

There are a thousand variables that come into play in this scenario... Could be tuning,box placement,port area, etc

Most cars i know are louder with windows down because it creates a vacuum effect more or less

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived