Second Skin Audio

Which 2 BIG woofers in BP wall with 16k bassrace?

Well guess you have danced this dance before so I'm going to sit back with my bucket of popcorn.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Do you just want 18+ to say you have the biggest or is there another agenda,

Because round my way in the walled under 6000rms class were seeing 4 12 or 2 15 pulling 151 @33 all the time

Yes 157-160 is a harder number to get it, its a rare occurrence to see thoes numbers at local shows

I'm not to sure what the class, you are saying are

But we have 4 classes off cone area then 2 walled classes, walled under6000 and walled over6000

Good luck with the build

As i stated in the first thread my goals are up there. Im building this for demoing and playing music loud. So the only competing ill be doing is bassrace/streetbeat style.

First off your talking about putting 16k on 2 subs.Its not many subs that will take that amount of power for bassracing especially. The only two that even come to mind would be the SMD's and the DD Z series I think. So you may want to redo your list to only include subs you are sure can handle that much power for what your trying to do.

I believe all those subs can handle the power.

DD Z

B2 audio XC series

Crossfire XS v2

would be my first 3 choices. I had 2 crossfire xs v2's on a 14k daily and had no problem with it.

Yeah my bad I meant to put on those crossfires aswell. Theyre high up on my list. I really like crossfires customer service to their competitors

Good luck putting 16k to a pair of half of that list of subs.

X2

I'm building a wall with 2 smd 18's on 12k and realistically prob going to do 155-157 on burb and low 150's for 30 sec average. You would be better off running 4 15's or 18's. If you are wanting to compete it would be better for you to decide on a class first. I was going to run 4 15's because it would have been louder and safer for the subs, but since there are 2 guys that are demolishing that class at every show I go to I decided to choose a class better suited for me.

Where are you getting this advice from? How are 4 15s or 4 18s going to be louder without you even seeing my build? lol

lol nobody knows who wagonized is here i would add mayhems to the list

and make a build log!

Its that fella dustin isnt it?

Used to have 4 9912's a long time ago.

yup thats me...i had the black explorer that did 57.4 with 4 9912D's in street c and 57.8 with 6 solo x 10s street c

I don't need to know anything about your setup to understand you're wanting to send 8000 watts to a sub for 30 seconds. You can't send that much power to 1 sub and expect it to last very long. If you distribute the power between 4 subwoofers you have the potential to be louder (more cone area) for a 30 sec average and lower the risk of damage to the subs.

You don't know to much about audio thanks for the useless comment about send 8000 watts to a sub tho it was very uninformative

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141650-want-to-have-the-coolest-system-on-the-internet/page__fromsearch__1

Check step 5 in that thread has your name all over it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i aint got any input on the subs but good to see you back at the wagon (i thought you was done with the splz).....i was expecting 12-18s but 2 subs will suffice

post some pics

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

one thing to note

i have seen two setups with Wardens

both end up very stinky after a music run with less power than you will be giving them

never blow, but cry for mercy

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

and make a build log!

Dont know him know him but im pretty sure i have a clue who he is judging by his avatar :P

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

16k? I would not suggest any neo. Fi has the best chance neo wise, but due to the high power and the coil getting hot the others will start to demagnitize pretty fast.

How about the SMD? DB Don gave 7k to one for 2 hours iirc. Im tuned into this for sure

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Do you just want 18+ to say you have the biggest or is there another agenda,

Because round my way in the walled under 6000rms class were seeing 4 12 or 2 15 pulling 151 @33 all the time

Yes 157-160 is a harder number to get it, its a rare occurrence to see thoes numbers at local shows

I'm not to sure what the class, you are saying are

But we have 4 classes off cone area then 2 walled classes, walled under6000 and walled over6000

Good luck with the build

As i stated in the first thread my goals are up there. Im building this for demoing and playing music loud. So the only competing ill be doing is bassrace/streetbeat style.

First off your talking about putting 16k on 2 subs.Its not many subs that will take that amount of power for bassracing especially. The only two that even come to mind would be the SMD's and the DD Z series I think. So you may want to redo your list to only include subs you are sure can handle that much power for what your trying to do.

I believe all those subs can handle the power.

DD Z

B2 audio XC series

Crossfire XS v2

would be my first 3 choices. I had 2 crossfire xs v2's on a 14k daily and had no problem with it.

Yeah my bad I meant to put on those crossfires aswell. Theyre high up on my list. I really like crossfires customer service to their competitors

Good luck putting 16k to a pair of half of that list of subs.

X2

I'm building a wall with 2 smd 18's on 12k and realistically prob going to do 155-157 on burb and low 150's for 30 sec average. You would be better off running 4 15's or 18's. If you are wanting to compete it would be better for you to decide on a class first. I was going to run 4 15's because it would have been louder and safer for the subs, but since there are 2 guys that are demolishing that class at every show I go to I decided to choose a class better suited for me.

Where are you getting this advice from? How are 4 15s or 4 18s going to be louder without you even seeing my build? lol

and make a build log!

Its that fella dustin isnt it?

Used to have 4 9912's a long time ago.

yup thats me...i had the black explorer that did 57.4 with 4 9912D's in street c and 57.8 with 6 solo x 10s street c

I don't need to know anything about your setup to understand you're wanting to send 8000 watts to a sub for 30 seconds. You can't send that much power to 1 sub and expect it to last very long. If you distribute the power between 4 subwoofers you have the potential to be louder (more cone area) for a 30 sec average and lower the risk of damage to the subs.

Ok well more cone area isnt always louder. less is more and its all about the design.

in my enclosure i cannot fit four 15s in a flat wall let alone 18s so id need to do a wedge which would kill my efficiency. so no i dont think it would be louder.

if i do decide to go with more cone area im going to double my power and run six of these 18s or 21s that i decide on. then once tuned ill have to worry more about keeping the car together.

i aint got any input on the subs but good to see you back at the wagon (i thought you was done with the splz).....i was expecting 12-18s but 2 subs will suffice

post some pics

i had some major health issues for a few years and had cash issues. still same sorta deal but not as bad.

i have two designs with twelve 18s that will absolutely demolish but i need a flat bottomed box...like a van. and i insist on using this car. however i do already have a vehicle picked for that next build and its fuckin killer!

what are u running now? whats with dora the explorer?

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

16k? I would not suggest any neo. Fi has the best chance neo wise, but due to the high power and the coil getting hot the others will start to demagnitize pretty fast.

How about the SMD? DB Don gave 7k to one for 2 hours iirc. Im tuned into this for sure

in speaking with quite a few ppl i think that neo rumor is very exaggerated and itll require much more heat than a car audio setup to demagnetize these motors. but ill look into it farther

as for the smds im not too fond of them....too mainstream for me.

i know don liked them but hes also running the Fi N3s now which says a lot imo. a few other heavy hitters are running them in bassrace too

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

explorer was gone long long ago i gave it to the kidney car foundation

latest project has been lumina with 2 15s but i need tint windows before i go any farther on build

542840_10151465480280541_659335540_23637905_34440234_n.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived