XS Power

I ordered a 3400 for up front to go with my xp3000.

Stock alt.. should be more than plenty for my bc2000

but would it be enough for two?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

lmaO i knew someone was going to say that.. i cant tell you how many times ive seen that much power on stock alts.. I just dont want to drop $400 on an alt when the car its going in has 150k on it.. you know what i mean

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

lmaO i knew someone was going to say that.. i cant tell you how many times ive seen that much power on stock alts.. I just dont want to drop $400 on an alt when the car its going in has 150k on it.. you know what i mean

The mileage of the car shouldn't make any difference. If you're building the system in it then you obviously plan to keep it for some time longer. My van had 120k when I put the alt in.

$400 for an alt is better than the money you'd spend to fix fried amps.

oh

The mileage of the car shouldn't make any difference. If you're building the system in it then you obviously plan to keep it for some time longer. My van had 120k when I put the alt in.

$400 for an alt is better than the money you'd spend to fix fried amps.

Oh no doubt.. im not arguing it would just suck if you buy an alt and 6 months later the car dies, and you have a proprietary piece of equipment that your going to have to sell and lose quite a bit on..

if i had a blazer or a common vehicle.. i wouldnt really mind, but..

then the 3800 is a really common motor just not so much in the ca world

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

True. But honestly when it comes to most of the stuff we buy to support this hobby it's money down the drain as soon as we buy it. But unless you have something really rare and you know selling the alt later would be impossible, I'd just buy it. I got one built for my Honda earlier this year even though I know the odds of someone needing a HO alt for a Honda Pilot, Odyssey or Ridgeline are slim lol.

Id hit up mechman for it. I have a 270 from him in my envoy and it runs great for the abuse i give it lol. What was awesome about matt is that my alt was for a 3.8l V6 in my 98 oldsmobile 88. I had a 250 alt from him in there but the alt came damaged and would work fine for the first day but the second day it got super loud and wouldnt charge over 1500rpm so i sent it in to get looked at. Well after he looked at it i decided that the car wasnt worth anymore money so i got rid of it and bought my envoy. I told matt to hold off on the repair of the alt as i would be getting another vehicle and he did. Then i told him i got my envoy and he told me that he has one sitting on the shelf and to pay $50 for the upgrade and it would be on its way.

So my story aside just get the alt and you can always send it back to the company you got it from (if they are like mechman) and tell them you got another car and want to switch the case to make it fit on that new vehicle if possible. Sometimes it isnt possible like with my vehicle swap but for $50 it was worth it instead of spending another $400 for the second alternator.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

lmfao, so your one of those that says i seen them run at 0.5 with stock alts, why cant i ? lol

400 ? thats cheap for a new alt.

and if your gonn make a thread, and we say our advice and your still not going to get an alt, why even make a thread....

Get a alt at mechman, atleast 250 amps.

4000watts divided by 13volts= 307 amps, that's only if your amp was 100% efficient which it isn't. It's about 70%(although 60% would be more realistic.)

so 307w times 1.30(=130percent) equals 399 amps to only power your amp.( to be honest in real life it will be about 200-250 amps)

Your car also needs electrical so add about 50 amps to it, even more with AC on .

That already 250-300 amps of current draw on the car electrics and sub amp. I assume you have a amp for highs too since it would be rediculous to only use 12W from you HU if you have 4kw going to subs.

See why you need at different alternator?

Batts don't make power, they only store the power the alt makes and release it when the amp needs it.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.