Change of Finals Location BULLS**T

OrionStang

Not to bash Drag, but this is why I enjoy Meca. You can persue state titles while not having to leave the state. I personally could never afford competing out of state, and its cool for people like me who really dont have the funds, to compete locally. There are alot of Meca shows between Bakersfield and Sacramento which is about a 350 mile stretch and toward the bay area. Going around to these different venues, lots of Cali Meca people were able to win state titles. It certainly isnt prestigious as any type of national title, but for the little guy on the totem pole, its not too bad. I also think Drag is too expensive. Cali State finals for Meca was 50$.

Not that MEca is perfect by any means, but I understand the frustrations of the Drag people. I hope this works out in the most equitable way possible for all parties concerned

I look forward to a region finals as always. It all started in 2006 with Reno, NV Finals.

We should go back to that. Reno has always provided people with good lodging, and shops to host the show. And please don't tell me (I'm down 1-2 dbs because of the air pressure)

Since nobody on the West is going to Finals anyways :)

POSTIVE POSTIVE POSITVE!!!!!!!!

Not its not bashing at all. It is probably why MECA has had such a warm welcome out here the past two years. I personally prefer it but, I am old school db drag. I think Reno would be a great location for a regional event but, it is going to be hard to have one there as we have tried to have just regular shows up there. Even with Rob (thorshammer) and Rusty in the area it is just difficult to find a shop to host.

I really am looking towards some where in the central valley to host regionals this year. Since majority of our competitors live out that way. (<----This is pretty much an example of what happen with db drag and meca finals. Since majority of the competitor base is towards that part of the country. ) However, MVP is always willing to host an event minus a small gate fee.

I have to say I felt with the correct promotion, California would have been the #1 attended spot.

I have dropped over 40k on this and it may sound like bitchin, but being i spent it and drove it I see it like this... given the right chance this would have succeeded.

Who cares now, we tried and gave our best. We will just move on. Being said that I will be more like most competitors, just hit shows that are local. People who know me know my numbers and what I accomplished. I do thank them for telling us all now!

I have to say I felt with the correct promotion, California would have been the #1 attended spot.

I have dropped over 40k on this and it may sound like bitchin, but being i spent it and drove it I see it like this... given the right chance this would have succeeded.

Who cares now, we tried and gave our best. We will just move on. Being said that I will be more like most competitors, just hit shows that are local. People who know me know my numbers and what I accomplished. I do thank them for telling us all now!

Couldn't agree more Dan.

I've asked for years now about promoting not only to the local formats, but on a national level. Seams like with a little effort, it "could' be something great.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

MVP is a nice venue. Its quite a drive for some of us in the lower valley, but I enjoyed my time out there for finals last year. Stellar weather, nice clean venue etc

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

MVP is a nice venue. Its quite a drive for some of us in the lower valley, but I enjoyed my time out there for finals last year. Stellar weather, nice clean venue etc

I love it because of those reasons plus SQ and SPL are seperated far enough apart.

Couldn't agree more Dan.

I've asked for years now about promoting not only to the local formats, but on a national level. Seams like with a little effort, it "could' be something great.

Someone mentioned to me, "Maybe Wayne needs to step down and appoint a CEO that can maybe turn the whole thing around."

Not a bad idea.

Demographically we make up a small percentage of dB Drag's competitor base, having said that we do make up majority of the most competitive part as well. It is really a F%&*ED situation. No way is it directed at you Dan just elaborating and agreeing with you 100%. Don't no one get it twisted I am not happy with the situation but, I do understand why it happened and unfortunately I am not surprised.

Seem to me it would be a simple solution.. Your state final is your national final also. All one event and awards can be passed out for state winners, then there would be like a 30 day waiting period where all the state scores are tallied into one big database where you national champs would be proclaimed. so simple to do

They could potentially make more money this way too since you would have bigger turn outs at the state level. And if it is a money issue with them because it would be shorting them one national event then the solution would be to charge x amount for the state portion of the event and x amount for the national portion of the event. either way it would be cheaper for the competitor also because he would have less travel time and one less event to travel to.

only problem i could see with that is events like bassrace would almost have to be strictly on a state level...but the other classes it could be accomplished.. good idea and one that i like..just could be a small kink

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived