Second Skin Audio

Good tuning for daily listening?

So I'm putting together a system for a buddy of mine, He has a ford focus... I think 2009?

So far he will be getting 2 Sundown E-10D4 and everything will be wired down to 1ohm and will be getting anywhere from 600-800wrms, but most likely 600wrms to avoid voltage drop on a stock electrical system.

The box will hold those 2 10's with the port on one side of the box firing towards the back of the trunk. This is where I need help from the guys and gals on SMD.... He just wants something that slams as a daily driver... no competing with tones or playing chopped or screwed music. What do you think would be a good frequency to tune the box for most music? This will only be my second box btw

36hz is that perfect daily tune imo.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I would go for 33-34 Hz.

If he will not be competing, center the port between the two drivers.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

28hz ftw!

(not for 10s tho LOL)

10s id go mid 30s

Edited by Bear Gri11z

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

33-35 is most frequently used but an optimal setting depends on many things.

Your answers basically always have a disclaimer:"optimal setting depends on many things". We all know that, I'm sure the OP does too. He's just wanting a general idea to what others tune to for daily setups.

OP, I am tuned to 33, and its very musical in my application and gets plenty low as well.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Id say anywhere from 32-40hz

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I generally shoot for 35 hertz or so-ish

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

Thanks everyone, this was helpful. I know some prefab boxes (which I don't use) are tuned to greater than 40Hz and I wasn't sure if this kid wants prefab quality or home built quality. I'll probably just tune it to 33Hz if you say so.

28hz ftw!

(not for 10s tho LOL)

10s id go mid 30s

lol.... 28Hz. I don't think that 600wrms in a box like that would push much hahaha