What's a good voltage?

I have a stock alt/batt and big 3 done in 1awg OFC. I rest idle around 14.2-14.6 depending on the heat of the day. And I can drop to no less than 12.5. getting below that you should be careful, because dipping past 12 is bad.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I have a stock alt/batt and big 3 done in 1awg OFC. I rest idle around 14.2-14.6 depending on the heat of the day. And I can drop to no less than 12.5. getting below that you should be careful, because dipping past 12 is bad.

Indeed..this is why i preach getting an external volt meter..once you start dropping into the low 12's MAYBE high 11's..time to back off the volume knob and let everything charge back up for a bit

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Yup, I tested my car sitting at idle and wanging on it, barely ever touched under 12.5. So I think I am fine for now without a volt meter. WIll need it though once I get my new sub and everything DD-1'd.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I rest at 13.6 fully warmed up. But only drop to 13 full tilt. Aq3500.1

270 amp alt.

2 xs power xp3000's.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I have stock alt, big 3, and a d1200 under the hood and only drop to 13.8 full tilt at idle but that's only with 1500 watts but I'm very happy with it

Edit: And I charge at 14.2 so only dropping .4v

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I guess a better question would be, what's a safe voltage drop, lol. :unknw:

220 amp mechman alt

DC 2k @ 1ohm

d1200 & XP3000

1 run of + and - 1/0 gauge

I drop .1 volts at full tilt on a hot day, but I rest at around 14.1~.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

At or above your batteries float voltage, preferably at your alternators set point voltage. Turn your car off and put a DMM to your batt posts, keep that number in mind and see if you stay above it.

I'm gonna hate

Archived