Sonic Electronix

Most people who swear that the more expensive ones are better are usually the ones who have already spent way more then should on cables. I have been lucky to use a wide range of brands and quality over the years.

I have no issue using a very basic set of RCA's in any of my builds. I have seen more noise issues come from bad installs or placement then cheap wires. Hell I still have cheap ass radio shack rca's the my X that are well over 12 years old now, and have no need to replace them.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Most people who swear that the more expensive ones are better are usually the ones who have already spent way more then should on cables. I have been lucky to use a wide range of brands and quality over the years.

I have no issue using a very basic set of RCA's in any of my builds. I have seen more noise issues come from bad installs or placement then cheap wires. Hell I still have cheap ass radio shack rca's the my X that are well over 12 years old now, and have no need to replace them.

I try not to skimp on wire only because i would hate to have to pull the interior a second time to run new wires.

@kingsuv:

so you're saying that placement has a lot more to do with it than the cable itself?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Yep, just making sure that's what he's getting at. I just don't want to spend $120 on RCAs when I wouldn't notice a single difference. I used some higher-end ones on my last setup and wondered the entire time if I *really* needed them.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I was pretty sure that I was the only one using Radio Shack, I found there ok for sq and there rugged.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

i have used a couple of monster rca's and some monster speaker wire and my opinion of monster is that it is some good stuff , never payed full retail for the monster products i have . the monster speaker wire was so good that my wife actually noticed the improvement of sound . the monster rca's i have are pretty descent to , have ran them next to power cable with no noise at all (i know thats a no-no) . just bought the big 0 gauge rf dual amp kit and it comes with 3 sets of patch cables so i will soon find out about rf's rca cables

Yes. While you can have interference when running signal next to power wires, well more so with signal and speaker wires. The bigger issue in noise is an un-equalization of ground ohm resistance between each devise.

You can spend a shit ton of money to buy a set of RCA's with a thick grounding shield to fix noise, or you can run some 16g wire between the same devises and ground them all together and achieve the same results. Some RCA manufactures even have a drain wire built in to their sets.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Yes. While you can have interference when running signal next to power wires, well more so with signal and speaker wires. The bigger issue in noise is an un-equalization of ground ohm resistance between each devise.

You can spend a shit ton of money to buy a set of RCA's with a thick grounding shield to fix noise, or you can run some 16g wire between the same devises and ground them all together and achieve the same results. Some RCA manufactures even have a drain wire built in to their sets.

What do you mean ground them all together I been having the alt whine from my pioneer 3200dvd for awhile, so if they help ill be so happy

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s