Sonic Electronix

Pioneer is famous for bad grounding in their units. Ground the outer jacket of the RCA then ground from the deck to everything else hooked to it. Then ground at both ends of the daisy chain of stuff and see if that corrects the issue.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You don't have to spend a shit ton of $$$ to get high quality signal cables, contrary to popular belief.

My double-braided coax was only $0.93/ft.

20' of that is $18. Two of those for a pair of cables is $36.

Throw in some RCA connectors for a few more dollars and you have a great set of signal cables for about $40.

Very reasonable in my opinion.

Monster charges in upwards of $100 for a set of cables.

FYI, I just checked the website and they're having a sale on it for $0.60/ft. :o

I may have to pick some more up for the hell of it.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

FYI, I just checked the website and they're having a sale on it for $0.60/ft. :o

Dude, link me!

On topic: So having a common ground for all input signal is a must. That helps- so you're basically saying to have some 16ga connecting the outer jackets of either ends of all RCAs and the chassis?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Dude, link me!

On topic: So having a common ground for all input signal is a must. That helps- so you're basically saying to have some 16ga connecting the outer jackets of either ends of all RCAs and the chassis?

http://www.markertek...77S-BLACK.xhtml

Markertek has a lot of signal related goodies at decent prices.

Edit: I bought some "compression-fit" RCA connectors at Lowes too. They compress down on the jacket of the cable and hold tight. Don't get the simple push-on connectors. Too risky and could fall off. You'll need a compression tool but its a good investment. Plus you can use it on "F Connectors" for home video cables too!

If you have regular two-conductor RCA's then a strip of heavier gauge wire connecting the grounds could help eliminate ground loops.

This double-braided coax has plenty of shield to do the same thing. Plus it encases the center conductor to eliminate any radiated noise from other sources (alternator whine from a nearby power cable).

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

I have been wondering about these coaxial cables myself but i like them i found some on ebay, its rg59 will that work for rcas? its very cheap too but it has 3 jackets on it

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Yes. While you can have interference when running signal next to power wires, well more so with signal and speaker wires. The bigger issue in noise is an un-equalization of ground ohm resistance between each devise.

You can spend a shit ton of money to buy a set of RCA's with a thick grounding shield to fix noise, or you can run some 16g wire between the same devises and ground them all together and achieve the same results. Some RCA manufactures even have a drain wire built in to their sets.

What do you mean ground them all together I been having the alt whine from my pioneer 3200dvd for awhile, so if they help ill be so happy

Run a long ass ground wire from your HU (and processors if you have any) to wherever your amps are grounded. All grounds in the same spot drastically reduces the chance for engine whine.

do I use the wire harness ground? Or do I have to make another ground? Like on one of the screws?

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

do I use the wire harness ground? Or do I have to make another ground? Like on one of the screws?

The long black one that comes from the HU. Take that wire (don't ground it up front) and attach a wire (maybe...8 or 10 gauge) that goes all the way back to where your amps are grounded.

The idea is to have everything in the system (HU, mids and highs amp, sub amp, any eq's or processors, batts and whatever else) grounded in the same place. What ground whine/engine noise usually is, is electricity trying to equalize ground potential across the system. It travels through the ground on your RCA's (the outer edge) and that's the noise you hear. Unplug your RCA's from the amp that's making noise and see what happens.

I have been wondering about these coaxial cables myself but i like them i found some on ebay, its rg59 will that work for rcas? its very cheap too but it has 3 jackets on it

RG59 is fine. Make sure you get corresponding connectors for the ends as RG59 is smaller diameter than RG6.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

I'm not a huge fan of using Coax in a car audio application RG-6 or RG-59 is a pretty thick setup and can be difficult to make fit and bend where you want it. Running 4 cable lines to a 4ch amp may be a little rough depending on how it's installed. Not to mention 4 or 6 runs of it from the deck to the amps.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived