Sonic Electronix

No. Bora and Jetta are two names for the same thing, you are not doing that. You are using two completely separate terms. Displacement is not air movement, and do you even see how small daily subs are? I'm tired of people thinking they're adding so much volume by inverting. Please tell me how you 25oz magnet on a 12" basket was taking up so much space.

People keep talking about the sq of it...and I'm almost willing to bet don't know what sq is or even spl. Because sounding good and getting loud do not mean the same thing.

The basics have been said already, its pretty laid out. Not to mention this years 45th time

Who pissed in your cheerios?

Does that make you feel better? If telling yourself I'm pissed makes my observations easier to swallow, then so be it. Maybe more should read more, post less.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

No. Bora and Jetta are two names for the same thing, you are not doing that. You are using two completely separate terms. Displacement is not air movement, and do you even see how small daily subs are? I'm tired of people thinking they're adding so much volume by inverting. Please tell me how you 25oz magnet on a 12" basket was taking up so much space.

People keep talking about the sq of it...and I'm almost willing to bet don't know what sq is or even spl. Because sounding good and getting loud do not mean the same thing.

The basics have been said already, its pretty laid out. Not to mention this years 45th time

well you know what? i ain't putting time in this anymore!

shit i'm trying to explain my point of view but if your just to freakin ignorent to read what i type i just ain't gonna bother answering

and btw! i do know what spl is i play SS 1-2 class here in belgium... about SQ i may not know all the details there you maybe right

but geuss what I DON'T CARE

what i can't understand is that you say the air movement that the cone makes has NOTHING to do with your spl goïng up or down??????????????

cuz the amount of air your cone moves adds pressure to your cabin that adds to your spl db

but if your gonna go to the spl as in een efficiency (excuse me if its written wrong)

The instantaneous sound pressure is the deviation from the local ambient pressure P0 caused by a sound wave at a given location and given instant in time.

The effective sound pressure is the root mean square of the instantaneous sound pressure over a given interval of time (or space)

argh whatever i'm off to work

here they call it free air when the magnet isn't in a box...

cuz they say here inverting subs to switching pos & neg of the sub...

i geuss there lots of differences in "giving the kid a name" sort of speak

but inverted sub can create great sound quality (depending of your trunk space)

but best spl (sound pressure level) is played regular placed...

real free airing is when the sub is literally not in a box. or when its in an infinite baffle setup (google it)

inverting a sub or mounting it normally doesn't affect the "spl" or "sq" of the sub. where are you getting this from? what characteristics change? the motor gets better cooling from not being in the box. it looks cooler because of the motor being outside. the sub will act 99.9999% the same when being inverted. the suspension characteristics dont change whatsoever. it still moves back and forth the exact same way.

i only said how they call it here...

and with inverted sub how can your air movement be the same as regular?

if you play inverted in a ported box maybe but when you play inverted to a sealed box your air movement can't be the same...

lol. He said a sealed box. (Just had to)

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

This can also shoot you into another class if you're competing just because the height of your equipment has changed. I wasn't allowed in Rookie 1 simply because my subs were inverted which put me over the 25" mark.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

i think i get it now. once again thanks for all the help and i hope you wherent talking about me to read more and post less? im new to this and finally found a reliable source to answer my question.

i'm new to the spl world and loving it!!!
4- power acoustik mofo 152s
rd d9

i only said how they call it here...

and with inverted sub how can your air movement be the same as regular?

if you play inverted in a ported box maybe but when you play inverted to a sealed box your air movement can't be the same...

LOL yes it is the same. what dont you understand?

these subs dont look like they're having any problem moving some air, do they?

what about this?

thank you guys alot for the info. i figured it would just increase the box cubes and lower tuning but thank you again for letting me know. if anyone has experience let me know what you have learned from it.

i have my memphis mojos inverted in my car. but thats only to squeeze as much air space into it as i could. but if you invert them, be sure and swap the positive and negative on the subs to make it fire out of the box like it should. that also makes a difference....

You only need to switch polarity if you have one sub inverted and one not inverted. If you have 2 inverted subs, leave the polarity alone.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived