Feel like a little rant because of how stupid the GM factory alarm is. I got a 06 pontiac pursuit and and the factory alarm is so annoying. I had both windows down, both doors were unlocked and I go to open the passenger door and the damn horn blares untill i ran in and got my keychain. Also if you unlock the doors manually it will set the horn off every time! :angry2: and if you don;t shut it of, say you can;t find your keys, it will lock the engine and you have to tow it to the dealer to reset. Wow fail. i have had nothing but problems with these cars stupid computer systems. Cobalts are the same thing...

Anyone else have these issues with factory alarms?

Funny thing is I have an aftermarked alarm and the factory still gives me shit all the time.

i don't know about those problems but i know when i open the trunk on my impala with the doors locked it sets the alarm off which of course it annoys me

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

All sounds like an alarm install error

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

All sounds like an alarm install error

Yeah but It did this before the new alarm and the new one has a seperate siren. I have to click the disarm once for the aftermarket and again to shut of the factory as the factory (i think its a Passlock 3 system) could not be disabled. :unknw:

My KIA Optima had a "factory" alarm installed (so they told me) It kept going off for no reason at all so I got pissed one day and decidedid to see if I could figure out the problem. Turns out the "factory" alarm was a generic alarm system added on to the vehicle. I thought factory alarms were integrated into the cars CPU or whatever :shrug:

Your having to hit it twice because they didnt do fact alarm disarm double pulse. Install error.

And exactly my point sprkn. Very very very rarely do i see a true fact alarm issue.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Your having to hit it twice because they didnt do fact alarm disarm double pulse. Install error.

And exactly my point sprkn. Very very very rarely do i see a true fact alarm issue.

I have no doubt. I got the local shop to install my alarm. they said they a had to use some "data bypass module" It seems to work fine but the one with the cars horn is annoying. Especially at 5 in the morning. I just wish that we had some more knowledgeable shops around here. But we don't so I gotta try and learn everthing myself... That's also why you may see me asking the "simplest" of questions on here, it's because I have nobody else to turn to,

lol Ray you should expand into Canada :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have only owned gm cars. 2000 grand am gt, 06 silverado and 2012 silverado never problems only time it went off on me was if the widows were open and doors were locked and I reached in and manually unlocked and opened the door through the window

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

If it is a dei based aftermarket alarm, just need to hook up the ole bitwritter and change that disarm setting, problem solved. DONE!!!!

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db