Hey guys, just working on putting in my new system this weekend so dad and I are now at the point of soldering the 1/0 into ring terminals. Here are the pics if you all could let me know how they look. I watched both Meade's and HVCA's vids on how to solder. I'm trying to finish this part up tonight so that it'll be done before the week starts and I have to go back out to school for the week

DSCN2357.jpg

DSCN2358.jpg

DSCN2359.jpg

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

It looks pretty good to me. One personal preference i like to do is like when i solder copper piping for a house. I take those little metal brushes to the inside of the ring terminal and scuff them up a bit then i do it to the little joint around the part where the wire gets inserted. I then put a good amount of flux on the wire and insert it into the ring terminal. Just because some of my wires are a little smaller than the ring i like to crimp them into a bench vice (not a great crimp) but then i get out the torch and solder the hell out of them. I have never had a wire with more than .01 ohms of resistance from doing it this way or had one break apart from hanging crap off it lol.

Just a tip if you ever encounter it. If you have solder that is not like a shiny/mirror finish then you need to apply the heat more to the wire. This is a cold solder connection and has high resistance in the connection and poor quality and strength. But anyways that connection looks solid. Good job!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i guess it is good? sorry i'm a noob lolz

So if you don't know what to look for, why would you say it's good. It could be completely fucked up, and op would think he did a good job.

Looks decent op, good job on not melting the jacket.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

did you crimp the ring terminal? i would say thats a lot more important getting a good connection there

Solder, Crimp or Crimp and solder. They are all good if done correctly.

Thanks for the quick responses everybody, we were just wanting to make sure that it was all good before we finished off the rest!

@Amart, yep, came right out of the bottom of the terminal pretty much all the way around.

@strangeduck, Yessir, made sure to reheat after it cooled for a little so that there'd be somewhat of a smooth puddle up top.

Back out to finish the rest off I go, thanks fellow bassheads! :drinks:

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif