External HD not showing up...

My external HD wont pop up...I can hear the sound from the computer when i plug it in, but it doesnt show up anywhere for me to access it.

ideas?

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

Click Start, right click My Computer, select Manage. Select Disk Management on the left side.

Plug in the Hard Drive and see if a new disk shows up at the bottom. If it does, and the drive itself doesn't show in My Computer, the HDD has become corrupt. You'll need to delete the partition (Right Click -> Delete) and then create a new one (Right Click -> New Volume)

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Iv tried with multiple computers

like i said HD lights up, i hear the sound from the computer recognizing the hd, but it doesnt pop up anywhere on the computer :(

Could it be the cable...it turns the hd on but doesnt connect properly

Edited by 99GPGTX

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

Sounds to me that the drive itself is defective. Do you hear any intermittent clicking noises from your external hard drive when you turn it on? Any grinding or buzzing? That windows sound will play whether the drive is good or not because its just recognizing the storage controller that is built into the external hard drives case itself. I had 3 drives do the same thing and fail different ways. If you cant hear the external hard drive spin up you could with knowledge take the case apart and then CAREFULLY tap the side of the drive right on its side and it may free the arm up if thats stuck. It could also be a stuck spindle which those are a pain to fix sometimes. In all honesty fixing them is a pain and usually you can only fix it enough to get your content off of it and then it will fail again soon down the line. If you want to, get the drive in a quiet area and mute your sounds on windows and power up the drive. Make a video of it from the moment you plug the drive into the power outlet and then connect it to your computer. I can tell you the sound it is making to see whats wrong with your drive.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Click Start, right click My Computer, select Manage. Select Disk Management on the left side.

Plug in the Hard Drive and see if a new disk shows up at the bottom. If it does, and the drive itself doesn't show in My Computer, the HDD has become corrupt. You'll need to delete the partition (Right Click -> Delete) and then create a new one (Right Click -> New Volume)

Do this before you bother buying a new cable to test it.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

• 4 weeks later...

If its a SimpleTech your problem is almost unfixable. If not you can right click computer, properties, then go to device manager, if your local area connection of your USB slots are not working you can try updating, or deactivate it then reactivate it and see if it finds it now. Also check that it is not listed as an Unallocated slot, or it will never read it.

Edited by Dwn4BassAlan

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.