Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I am looking into purchasing two 15inch speakers. The manufacture is "Ultimate" model is PW1550. The speakers were originally made in the nineties. I was mainly wondering, for 300watts, is the 50oz magnet good enough? The xmax is .5inches...... Is fifty dollars worth it?

Edited by Ian Stith

Im a broke student. still manage to have a pretty good system though.. (at least i think)

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Without bashing any brands (which is NOT my intent), all I'm gonna say is, you get what you pay for. Save your $ for a better quality sub so you don't have regrets later on. If you need any other help, just let us know and the SMD community will help, or you can PM me and I'll give you some guidance too.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Posted

I'm going to go ahead and say 90% of how good a speaker sounds . . . is how the box is designed and built. You can make a 50$ sub sound like a 500$ sub if you do it right.

Posted

not a bad deal if you are on a budget , i might go for it .

Posted

So i went for it. I have one in my Home theater, tunned to 20hz in a slot ported, i have the crossover at 50hz ( or else it is overpowering). It beats hard, it will shake the lights in a room about 4 rooms over.

Im a broke student. still manage to have a pretty good system though.. (at least i think)

Posted

I can fart in my living room and knock a picture off the wall in the bedroom. Houses vibrate very easily.

But I guess as long as you're happy with the purchase.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

I can fart in my living room and knock a picture off the wall in the bedroom. Houses vibrate very easily.

But I guess as long as you're happy with the purchase.

I Do like them. They are for a home theatere and so their job.

Im a broke student. still manage to have a pretty good system though.. (at least i think)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1100 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...