Kenne Bell 2010 Mustang GT: Speed (slow) and Sound Build

Build is looking good, and for sure get the router and round over bit, makes the boxes look hella good for like 5 mins of work the bit i used leaves a little ledge but i sanded it all down blended it. From now on i wont build . Box and not round it over cause it looks that much better

I used a 1/4 inch bit on my box, because of the 1/2 inch wood. I set it to barely engage, and it gave it a really nice slightly rounded edge that keeps anything from grabbing or hooking to the edge of it. I did it on both sides of my port holder too so that the glue would seep in effectively.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Might see what Lowe's has tomorrow when I get off work in teh morning.

Its not hard to roundover, is it? Just follow the edge? I don't want to fuck up the port LOL.

Ken,

Im in to see this. Ive heard to NOT skimp on bits. I dunno. Also, get a scap piece of wood, and go HAM. See where it pulls, and where to apply pressure, and back off, all that good shit, before heading right for the main job. I would anyway. That shit all but done, and if it was me, id be there, and fuck it up, and then ,... start the entire baffle and port over.. LOL.

Let us know how it turns out, .. Many a pic, and such, and school me when your done. Cheers man.

Might see what Lowe's has tomorrow when I get off work in teh morning.

Its not hard to roundover, is it? Just follow the edge? I don't want to fuck up the port LOL.

super easy with a router and round over bit, the bit has a bearing on it so it follows the edge for you. Might need to test on a scrap piece to get the depth of the bit right in the router. Not far enough in the router and it will leave a square edge on one side of the roundover.

Make sure you go the right direction on the wood. You want to pull the router toward you with the bit spinning toward/into the wood

Team Flex Issues

Archived