SMD Official What Are You Eating On Thread

T-bone and baked potato. I prefer the grill but I've had a thing for using cast iron pans lately

Best way to make good use of a cast iron pan to make steak

1" cut or thicker

get the pan pretty hot on the stove, preheat your oven 400°

Sear the steak 60-90 seconds on one side, turn off stove then sear the other side 60 seconds.

Throw in oven 10 mins for medium 7 for med rare. Put a tablespoon of butter on top before you close the door.

That's the method I use for the cast iron skillet, comes out perfect every time.

I don't use butter though but I do season with a little black pepper.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

T-bone and baked potato. I prefer the grill but I've had a thing for using cast iron pans lately

1" cut or thicker

Sear the steak 60-90 seconds on one side, turn off stove then sear the other side 60 seconds.

Throw in oven 10 mins for medium 7 for med rare. Put a tablespoon of butter on top before you close the door.

That's the method I use for the cast iron skillet, comes out perfect every time.

I don't use butter though but I do season with a little black pepper.

Yeah i forgot to say add salt and pepper, figured that was a given to season it first.

But the butter makes a big difference.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

went riding for a few hours and stopped at Charlie browns farm.. texas stile bbq is damn good

didnt take pictures of my plate

1.jpg

one of our riding group members plate

600_442872823.jpeg

T-bone and baked potato. I prefer the grill but I've had a thing for using cast iron pans lately.

20150924_220618_zpsnjkaoems.jpg

1" cut or thicker

Make sure it's legit butter, margarine stick will screw with the flavor imo

And a good cast iron steak can definitely be on par with grilled.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Was working out in the cold all day and I felt like shit already so I got myself some wonton soup for dinner.

6cxBZkP.jpg

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived