Second Skin Audio

Other subs that take as much or more power than an SMD?

I had the opportunity to check the guts of a SMD 15" and I can say that will be VERY hard to find a sub that handles what is can handle thermally. The DDZ is a SPL woofer, build to handle short high power bursts and be very loud doing so, and the SMD will take a lot of power and be loud playing music, as the power compression will be less than your average 3" long coil sub. (Voice coil heats, Re increases so power applied drops, so the SPL)

not just for spl

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I had the opportunity to check the guts of a SMD 15" and I can say that will be VERY hard to find a sub that handles what is can handle thermally. The DDZ is a SPL woofer, build to handle short high power bursts and be very loud doing so, and the SMD will take a lot of power and be loud playing music, as the power compression will be less than your average 3" long coil sub. (Voice coil heats, Re increases so power applied drops, so the SPL)

not just for spl

I seen that before, pretty crazy, wonder how good they sound compared to the SMD.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Better bass XC maybe? Has a 4 inch coil with good cooling. A guy local is running a pair of them. I can ask him how they handle power

Well, SMD's are gone. Right now I'm looking at the DC lvl 6, DD9518SC or the z, but realistically I think I'm gonna wait to see what AA has coming out for the new SMD. I don't see them downgrading from the old one. If I can find a good price on some DD's I will prob get them.

Well, SMD's are gone. Right now I'm looking at the DC lvl 6, DD9518SC or the z, but realistically I think I'm gonna wait to see what AA has coming out for the new SMD. I don't see them downgrading from the old one. If I can find a good price on some DD's I will prob get them.

Hey bud. I just noticed this thread. I've been doing mad research just like you in terms of replacing my SMD's and what options there are.

DD9518SC will take that power for minimal periods but nothing extended.

DC Level 6 I have no clue.

DD9918Z will handle the least amount of power. It's a 3" coil and even though it's Neo that doesn't give it magical properties in terms of handling power. I've been talking to DD and they recommend 3.5k-4k daily for the Z. However, they can take huge amounts of power for bursts(10k according to DD)

I'm leaning towards going more efficient over what can handle more power. But I'm not in the type of situation you are with cone area limitations.

Ok,.. No,.. I did not... And I am sorry.. What I read is what will keep up with what ever. ... That's all..... K... I'll go sit in the corner..

whats wrong with this guy?

2012 Ram 3500. HTT 2nd Gen manifold Swap, HTT s465 Turbo, FASS 150, 6" S&B Intake, 5" TBE, RaceMe programmer, 8 inch tip (dumped over axle) 20x12s on 35s, 6 inch lift, Color match & haloed headlights, 30" lightbar flush mounted in bumper.

2 Sundown audio SD-2 12s and a Soundqubed Q1-1200d amp.

2000 s10 xtreme *SOLD*

1zh2yaf-1.png

Archived