Kicker to enter Walmart in September

i am not a fan of kicker but look up steve micks old set up in his van with the kickers before you talk shit on them... im like 99% sure thats who kranny is talking about when he says 157 with both doors open

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

damnet i was like 10 seconds from posting that video lol took me a while to find it :madsign:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Walmart will sell low level, shitty Kicker products. Kicker still makes some decent stuff. /thread

Seriously though...Walmart sells some DX level stuff and now the whole brand is garbage? God forbid the Sundown E-Series be sold in Walmart. These kids would go nuts.

To me it's not the fact that kicker will become shitty because it's in Walmart. It's that for years we wanted a budget amp out of kicker, the comps worked for entery line subs, and they offered up the dx line.. So I have some of this stuff in stock. It may not be that bad, because out of demand we offer the pioneer double din i dash DVD that Walmart has, and we are actually cheaper on that

A lot of members on here are on the hobby side, so brand loyality and bashing are part of that. Iam on the business side, I got bills to pay. So i cater to the average person. I need it to work good, and sound good, got a decent price, with low returns, and got years kicker has fit that bill

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

To me it's not the fact that kicker will become shitty because it's in Walmart. It's that for years we wanted a budget amp out of kicker, the comps worked for entery line subs, and they offered up the dx line.. So I have some of this stuff in stock. It may not be that bad, because out of demand we offer the pioneer double din i dash DVD that Walmart has, and we are actually cheaper on that

A lot of members on here are on the hobby side, so brand loyality and bashing are part of that. Iam on the business side, I got bills to pay. So i cater to the average person. I need it to work good, and sound good, got a decent price, with low returns, and got years kicker has fit that bill

I understand where you're coming from as a businessman but it's annoying to hear people say "Kicker is garbage. I heard some Comps/CVR's and my (insert internet woofer that costs way more) is better."

I've heard setups form very popular online brands that didn't impress me...I guess it's garbage then lol.

it's annoying to hear people say "Kicker is garbage. I heard some Comps/CVR's and my (insert internet woofer that costs way more) is better." I've heard setups form very popular online brands that didn't impress me...I guess it's garbage then lol.

Yep, My reasoning for saying this ...

There is nothing wrong with kicker products ... Yes, there is better equipment, but it is definitely NOT at the bottom of the car audio "Shitty equipment" list ...

Kicker has been at the top of the Car Audio Game for MANY years ...

We all know this And we all know that EVERY car audio product is ONLY as good as its installation ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yeah I used to LOVE to hear people say that Kickers couldn't get loud, and were junk, and never sounded good...

Or my favorite, "They won't hit the lows"

Here was one of those instances where I took the guy talking smack down the road for a demo...

Needless to say he took back all his negative comments..

Speakers will do what they are told to do, and what they are capable of, regardless of the brand. It's all based on the setup.

My Kickers got down pretty good...

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

By the way you internet dudes talk, you'd think a Kicker system never won a sound competition or did great #'s. Or that you couldn't read solid reviews on CVR's or L7's all over the internet, on dozens of forums. But then again, these are the blessed ones. What you fail to realize is that outside of your super small niche, most people don't know what sundown audio is. They aren't going to recone a woofer or any of that. They aren't building custom enclosures and upgrading big 3 wiring.

There is no such thing as a "real" system, either you have one or you don't. The quality of that system depends on what you've heard to compare it to. Sound deadening doesn't matter to a person who is happy with whatever is in their cars right now, until they install sound dampening material and actually hear a difference, if they hear one at all.

I'm rambling, I'm not a huge Kicker fan, but that's mostly because I've never bought the stuff. I was a JL audio fan most of my life and their products are still good, they just costs too much to me given what else is available. Props to Kicker moving untis. Hopefully, their products last and do rated power. I mean, what else do you want from a car audio company?

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

OK, why is this so bad? I've been in car stereo since just about the time Kicker started its business. The reality is that the market has changed a LOT since then. Then, Kicker made a premier product, had limited distribution, and their retailers could charge a premium price. Everybody made money and nobody complained. Today, it simply doesn't matter how good a car audio product is, consumers want it to be readily available to them online and to pay as little for it as they can. Many are offended when this is not possible. All major car audio brands have had to make incredibly tough market decisions over the last five years to make this possible for the consumer.

Kicker is first and foremost a business - a business that employes hundreds of people in Stillwater, OK (and they are likely one of Stillwater's bigger employers). Just the fact that they employ so many, means that they contribute millions of dollars to that economy. The owner of the company is loyal to a fault to his employees. Rest assured that when Kicker made this decision, they were thinking first and foremost of their employees and their families and that should absolutely count for something.

You are free to your opinion of their products. Yet, you should consider just how big of a reseller Wal-Mart is and how much car audio is actually sold there. They have over 4,400 retail outlets in the US alone. In 2011, Wal-Mart did $444 Billion in Sales and was ranked first on the Fortune 500 list of the worlds largest companies. When they call, you take their call.

Judge Kicker by what they do after the partnership is established. Best case scenario, Kicker can take a portion of the profit dollars from such a relationship and sink it into R&D to bring exciting new products to the marketplace.

I think snafu nailed it. I've always been a big fan of kicker not necessarily because of the audio itself, personally think it's a great for them. How many other companies would be able to pair up with walmart even if they wanted to? Go down the vendor list on any of the car audio sites and see if you can name even one. And from what I've heard a good chunk of the money from walmart will be going into R&D developing new products. that's from a fairly reliable source as well.

*edit - spelling

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Archived