VVX dual sub Sealed or Ported

Just wondering if anybody has heard both sealed or ported and how does it sound sealed? Do you loose any Bass when sealed or does it go deeper?

Most people i see run dual subs on ported just wondering if any runs them on sealed and if you have heard them on ported

What are you looking for? To sound good but not loud sealed for output ported

Sealed can go low its all in the tunning how do you tune a sealed box you may ask by its size

For the most part you get way more output from a ported box but does not sound as well or controlled as a sealed box for the most part

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

In the exact same enviornment, ported will be louder than sealed.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Designed correctly, a ported box will sound better than a sealed box, but a sealed box is very easy to design.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

What are you looking for? To sound good but not loud sealed for output ported

Sealed can go low its all in the tunning how do you tune a sealed box you may ask by its size

For the most part you get way more output from a ported box but does not sound as well or controlled as a sealed box for the most part

I have a ported box right now for dual VVX 15, I dont push it to the max (only time was when metered) I was thinking if i put them on 2 separate sealed box recommended specs 1.75 to 2.5, I'm thinking about clost to 2.5 per sub, and doing i regain more truck space, i can stack them on top of each other if needed, or i can take one of them out if space is really needed.

Im also thinking that the box will be manageable since im moving 1 sub at a time this dual sub box weighs a ton.

So i want to know how much will i loose, right now I average 143db metered. that's why i was asking if anybody have a dual VVX on a sealed box and it will be great if they can post metered score if any.

DSC_0417.jpg

I love sealed, but then again, I don't compete, and was limited space. If you lived closer, I would show you. They do quite well sealed. I'll try to get a better video later with the HD camera. Honestly, with the space you have, I'd stay ported. You can do two separate boxes, with aero ports. I guess my point is, if you are going to be close to whats recommended for ported, then why not port?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

if I go sealed on 2.5 cu ft per box I'm gaining 12 inches on length, 4 inches on depth and raise the height 1 inch which i dont mind. if i go 2.0 cu ft box size per sub will be like 18x11x18 LXWXH

Right now my box is 44W x 17H x 19D= 2.76 cu.ft. per chamber

how much power do you have? Im doing 45 on 2 vvx 12s in a trunk

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP