Second Skin Audio

My Girlfriends Box -1 12" Bandpass

why cant you fuckers actually help the guy? i swear to god every time someone mentions a girl, half the forums' dicks get hard

Carefull what you ask for, someone just may give it. You want me to give them my .02? I'll go one better, here's a whole $1

Im trying to figure out the best box for my girls car.

Its a 97 Accord sedan, with the drop down armrest, and access hole into the trunk.

Why? Do you spend that much time in her car or are you looking to get crowned BF of the year? Just sayin man, if your already getting tail spend the extra effort on your ride. Does she try to figure out the best building technique when she makes you sandwhich?

Right now i will be using a 12" Fosgate HX2.

Great sub, 96.89% of girls/women would love it in a simple ported box with an adequate amp. If your girl is in teh other 3.11% please direct me to the thread she started in her cooking forum on how to create the worlds greatest BLT for you, or pot pie. Cause your going outta your way for her, i'm just watching out for you and making sure she's doing teh same.

She like the Bestbuy-style, generic bandpass boxes, which would work well for her, because sh is always carrying stuff in her trunk, and i don't want to hurt the sub.

Plus grilles look tacky in my opinion.

F' her then. if she's already complaining about what style box she likes and all this other crap those are huge red flags that she's miserable and will always be up your ass about one thing or another. Put the shitiest box you can build in that trunk and see how she reacts. This will acomplish a few diffrent things.

1) Her reaction. if she doesnt appreciate the fact that you did anything dump her! A good girl worth keeping will be a happy camper.

2) Repo ease: in a few months when you find out she's worth less than the Thunder in the NBA Finals you can just pop the trunk cut a few wires and pull that bad boy right out. Leave her busted on teh side of the road. Or worse case scenario you just abandone it.

3)Long term use: if you do date for a while and she drops suttle hints that she may enjoy louder deeper bass you can always upgrade her system as V-day, X-mas, B-Day gifts. Win mutha fuckin Win!! Or you can just pull stuff outta your ride, tos it in hers and ugrade your shit! ABT my man, ABT! (Always Be Thinking!)

So I want to build her a 4th order sub forward, port forward, bandpass box with plexi covering the sub, just like the cheapy boxes.

SHE tells you what SHE likes and your gonna go ahead and do what YOU want? Relationship suicide

But i also want it to sound good, and be able to hold some power, if i ever go ip to a bigger sub in the future.

Future? Whens the wedding? I've been married 7 years been with her for over 10. You know what's in her Honda Pilot? OEM!

Unless she's begging for the shit I gotta ask again, why are you not spending teh time and money on your ride?? PLEASE DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE A CAR!

Again, read the shit I wrote above, I understand what YOU want... but what does SHE want?

And advice?

I think the correct grammer term here would have been ANY advice. Using AND implies making a statemnt. Since you ended your fragmented sentence with a question mark ANY would have been the appropriate word to use. Not that I'm a grammer Nazi or anything. I spell like shit when I type fast.

I also want it to take up as little depth as possible. But it can be 33 wide by 14 tall.

I want a lot of things too. Sometimes everything we want just aint possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

^^^

you used the word ANY like a BOSS!

My advice, stick to the basics.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Rolex you sicken me, he is just trying to be nice. Some people will go above an beyond to help someone else out, but you might not be able to appreciate that? You've been married for seven years and that is your attitude on relationships? I feel sorry for that woman. SMD has a good reputation (as far as I've seen) and he came here for assistance with his project, not to have his intentions picked apart rhetorically. If you can't abide by that, I suggest you just not post at all; I'm sorry that the OP wasn't asking a question that is up to your standards.

1st let me address you Mr. Guess.

My wife, don't feel sorry for her. She is WELL taken care of.

Going above and beyond isn’t that difficult in a relationship especially when you LISTEN to what your significant other has to say and respect those opinions instead of replacing them with your own.

I'm not gonna debate my attitude on relationships with you. At your age you think you know it all and have seen it all. I bet you think your writing the manual for Don Juans around the world... you aint. Good luck. Come back to this thread in a few years when you know which way is up and you might understand it then.

On a side note, here are a few things I noticed in error, in your post.

1) SMB is the OP..... NOT SMD! We know your sweating the big kahuna's nuts but damn....... at least get your names straight when you try and fly in to save the day and play Superman.

2) Your comment, "Some people will go above an beyond to help someone else out, but you might not be able to appreciate that?", are you asking me a question or making a statement? Watch your punctuation. A period is what you should have used not a question mark.

3) Definition of RHETORICAL

a : of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected <a rhetorical question>

You embarrassed yourself by using a big boy word improperly.

Now to the OP:

Let me start by saying bravo. There is no way you titled this thread the way you did without knowing that you would get

1) Some decent audio advice.

2) Some fun poked at the innuendo ( Hey Jordan Guess, look that word up. It's important you know its definition so that this makes sense to you.) placed in both the body and title.

AND, if by some fluke you did happen to Forest Gump your way into a semi epic thread, you are welcome! Take my relationship advice as gospel son; you will be light years ahead of the game if you do!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

i dont give my bitches a choice of what they want audio-wise, they gimme money and i put in the stuff i can't afford for myself. fuck, i hate girls.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

HOLY SHIT

I'm riding the fucking LOL'ERCOASTER right now.

Lulz have been had.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived