CMUCARCLUB209 Posted August 3, 2012 Report Posted August 3, 2012 teamht.. im sure you have seen my build.. 98 tahoe 4 18 mayhem in subs up port back box tuned to 37..on 2 dc 7,5s.. a zapco 750.2 and mbquart 2 ch on a bunch of highs.. 3 alts chargeing 6 xs 14v batts
CMUCARCLUB209 Posted August 3, 2012 Report Posted August 3, 2012 dc98hoe.. I herd ur truck before nd dayum its loud ass fuck good job bro:)
thorshammer Posted August 3, 2012 Report Posted August 3, 2012 Ground pounder to me is someone who shakes windows while your sitting at a stop light......From the opposite end of the light of course lol I've built and heard some serious ground pounders that had no more than 2 subs. I've also seen mutli sub setups tank like a champ from poor box design. lol
the_garynator Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 How does this sound? Groundpounder = Must do 150+db sealed at the dash at below 40hz on music Current Build: Project Flexington: 157.6db @ 37hz Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps Old Builds:150db and HAIRTRICKs from 2x 12" Power Acoustik Mofos (6th order blow through) ;<p>Roadmaster Wagon Build - DC LVL 6 M3, Kicker Warhorse ; Godzilla swapped 240sx ; 6th Order Bandpass Alpine Type R 12 ; Fully loaded DC Level 5 18" 240sx
Emmet Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 How does this sound? Groundpounder = Must do 150+db sealed at the dash at below 40hz on music 150? I'd nearly say 155's... i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah.. You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people. I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Bump4life Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 to me 145 db is loud for a daily car or any yahoo driving by. if i hear anything 145+ driving by Id say that guy has something. not your average stuff. if I hear it and dont know where its coming from, if I feel it shaking the ground when it goes by or shaking my shirt/body. its a groundpounder. if I am genuinely impressed when they drive by, its a ground pounder. 155+ thats extreme. that is def a groundpounder, but that is also a bass machine. ahah Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
TeamHT Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 And everyone is different. In my quest for 60s in a daily on music, 45s even 50s just don't do it anymore. I go to cone, power, and low low lows as a ground pounder Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
the_garynator Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 i'm just saying as a general rule of thumb... I also forgot to mention that when i say on music, i mean that it can be played at that level for maybe say 1 or 2 songs in a row with no issues. and a 150+ would be average, for say 30 sec. I think that if we said 155+, that would really cut out a lot of people who are rolling in what most would consider a ground pounder. if we do 150+ 30 sec average sealed at the dash at below 40hz on music, as well as being able to play at that level for more than 1 song, that gets rid of any spl/burp setups, etc. I also think that once we've got a general rule of thumb as to what is considered a ground pounder, that there should be a sticky at the top with this definition or something. I've noticed a lot of threads lately in this section that are nowhere near what I would consider ground pounder status. This way, once the requirements are set, mods can easily identify and move threads to where they should go. Current Build: Project Flexington: 157.6db @ 37hz Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps Old Builds:150db and HAIRTRICKs from 2x 12" Power Acoustik Mofos (6th order blow through) ;<p>Roadmaster Wagon Build - DC LVL 6 M3, Kicker Warhorse ; Godzilla swapped 240sx ; 6th Order Bandpass Alpine Type R 12 ; Fully loaded DC Level 5 18" 240sx
fox_racin4 Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 i think i fall into the "ground pounder" area! 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Emmet Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 i think i fall into the "ground pounder" area! I think that goes without question 12 10's on 20k is just nasty! i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah.. You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people. I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.