Sonic Electronix

Getting all your strands into a amp terminal

Didn't really know what section to put this in so I figured I would throw it in here.

So I am working on my first build and just got my amp, an Audison LRx 4.300.

It has 4 gauge inputs and I was wondering if you guys had any tricks on how to get as many strands as possible into the input terminal?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Edited by mttornquist

Just twist them up real tight. Make sure the strands are all cut the same length. If you still have problems throw the wire in the freezer for a couple hours it will shrink and then it should fit. You can also get lugs that just have a round pole piece that you can solder your wire into and then put that in the terminal.

What ever wire size you have, cut away about an inch and a half of your shielding. Twist as tightly as you can, apply a bunch of flux onto the exposed wire then smother the wire in solder. After you get a solid wire take it to a grinder and grind it down to the exact size you need.

Edit: then you don't need gauge adapters just some solder

Edited by HunterJohnson

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

SkittlesRgood has a method of getting most of the strands in a ring terminal. It involves using a paperclip iirc. He mentioned it like a year and a half- two ago.. back when I was new.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Just twist them up real tight. Make sure the strands are all cut the same length. If you still have problems throw the wire in the freezer for a couple hours it will shrink and then it should fit. You can also get lugs that just have a round pole piece that you can solder your wire into and then put that in the terminal.

Thanks!

What ever wire size you have, cut away about an inch and a half of your shielding. Twist as tightly as you can, apply a bunch of flux onto the exposed wire then smother the wire in solder. After you get a solid wire take it to a grinder and grind it down to the exact size you need.

Edit: then you don't need gauge adapters just some solder

I will keep this as a plan B incase the next option doesn't work.

SkittlesRgood has a method of getting most of the strands in a ring terminal. It involves using a paperclip iirc. He mentioned it like a year and a half- two ago.. back when I was new.

Searched around the forum more and seem to have found what you are talking about:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/85229-how-to-get-every-last-strand-of-wire-in-that-terminal/page__p__1167696__hl__+skittlesrgood%20+wire%20+strands%20+terminal__fromsearch__1#entry1167696

Looks like it should work and I will try it. Thanks!!

I just work them in with my fingers. I dont try to insert the whole thing right away, i put the tip partially in (just a tease for the amp) and than i start working my fingers around the tip stuffing the little strands in before thrusting the wire all the way deep inside.

I just work them in with my fingers. I dont try to insert the whole thing right away, i put the tip partially in (just a tease for the amp) and than i start working my fingers around the tip stuffing the little strands in before thrusting the wire all the way deep inside.

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

some of you guys really overcomplicate things.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Sorry to break it to ya but I linked to this yesterday just up there ^^^. Haha