Second Skin Audio

Box for Tahoe and 4 Obsidian 15's

Wow man thanks for the draw up and the torre's specs. So I'm looking at about 39hz for SPL comps and 32hz daily? I am really liking the port at the bottom though. The removable port really doesn't look like hardly any extra work at all. Also would I need to glass the inside since it is 1.5" thick?

How would this perform on low notes do you think?

*edit*

Baffle thickness is 1.5" instead of. 75 in torre's right?

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

no baffle the hole box is 1.5"

what ive found best is to build the box in 0.75 and then build another box out side it so as every join is overlapped

edit

like so, but you could just stick 2 together and cut at same time and glue/screw like a normal box

b.png

Edited by john253a

Great idea man. I will build the box over about 2 weeks so I can take my time. I never thought of building one box then building the next box to slide over it. Hopefully have th emoney to start building this coming week. If you can think of any aero port design before I start build please let me know. Its something different and something I've never had. I really like this box and still planning in my head how i'll cut everything out for it especially the port for this box. Thanks for all the draw ups though. Its really helping me get everything planned in my head. Here is a Ram Designs box I saw on youtube and thought I would get your opinion. Still will probably go with the slot port box over the ram designs box though.

Thanks,

-James

**edit**

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Hey man is there an exact cut sheet for the box with the removable port? I am trying to sketch everything up now so I can be building by the middle to end of this week. I just want to be specific on this box cause it will be system for a while and the system I carry to SBN. I will sure mention you when people asked who designed this box. All the help is really appreciated. Also will be buying supplies by this Tuesday

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

the cut sheet on the original drawing would be different from the cut sheet on the box that has all the seems covered wouldnt it?

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I leave all the seams exposed like a normal box I can get the cut sheet made easy but with the box where all the seams are overlapped I am really having trouble with the cut sheet. all the different lengths for each side is confusing. Also trying not to make the box smaller on the inside than it is suppose to be. Trying to make sure I can keep all the cubic feet I can.

Thanks for any help on this cut sheet in advance

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

The Woofer Displacement of the Obsidian 15 is also .19ft^3 and total woofer displacement would be .74ft^3. Would this effect the tuning of the box very much? Sub Displacement in the box originally was .64ft^3 and it is .74ft^3 according to Obsidian's web site

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Also two quick questions.

If I kept the removable port out and kept the box tuned to 39.18hz would it hit lows around 20-26hz? I know thats a far stretch from its tuning but I do like the lows also.

Obsidian says the woofers should be tuned 28-32hz but I'm guessing thats for daily and not SPL? I play a lot of music with 26-34hz drops in it.

My Selling Feedback

Build Log