Some nice front stage ideas?

Basically i want to add some nice strong clear mids and highs to my system. right now i have big 3. DC level 4 18, American bass HD3500. stock speakers. my kenwood deck has 3 outs so thats good.. . . i was thinking about adding some 8's 6.5's and tweets in the front doors. and some basic (well still decent) 6.5 components in the rear doors. i have a 99 jeep grand cherokee. going to do some modifying to the doors panels so dont worry about depth and such. i want an active front stage and passive rear. i am thinking a 4 channel for my 8's and 6.5's and a 2 channel for my tweets. and then a 2 channel for the rear. the more i look i see the that 8's are basically big 6.5's, as far as freq response so why are they good to have? any suggestions on what i should get would be very heplful as im very very new to this. budget is about 150 for eack pair ( 8's, 6.5s, tweets, and rear 6.5s) so 600 total. amps i havnet gotten to haha

and id really like the brand of the speakers to match each other justsayin

Edited by Mikey Bates

if i were you id start simple and pick up a component set for the front and go from there then add a four channel. i think you are a long way off from a custom front stage.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if you play with the 8s in a door panel you're basically doing a sealed enclosure then you need to adjust (enclosure specs) for power they're handling. and for amps, you'd be better off with a 2 channel for 8s. 4 channel for 6.5s, and a two channel for tweets. the reason you're a ways off, door panels be hard from what i've heard, seen, and read, unless you've done them before.

don't quote me on the first sentence. i may be talking out of my ass :peepwall:

Edited by 97Jetta1637

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

i agree on the long way part i guess. but why wait? id rather spend the money on a great sounding front stage then a simple set of comps. . . but if i were, any suggestions?

He is saying wait because if done incorrectly you will have a great looking front stage that sounds like pure shit. If you plan on running active you need to do a lot of research and then some it's not as easy as buy the speakers throw them in the doors and call it a day. This could easily be accomplished with a really solid 3 way component set on a nice 4 channel.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

8's are great for mid-bass only draw back is the energy the give off.

6.5's can give you just as good if not better mid-bass if applied correctly

6.5s are also hardly ever used in a true 3-way set up as a dedicated midrange normally something like a 4" or 3" would be better for that application.

Buying a front stage componet out of the box would be the best way of going. Start off with the high end names like Morel,Hertz and go from there. The new Black Series from Arc has gotten some great reviews as well.

You could part your components from various places such as ebay or CL. parts express pro audio line has worked well for some.

You'll come to find out that majoirty of the front stage is not always going to be on product type but, installation and tuning.

Don't waste your money on a componenet for the rear stage.

Good shit Kimo.... Really good shit...

I would do the same,.. Compo Set, look at HAT (hybrid audio tech) as well as te others mentioned. AND, I would add 100% coverage SECOND SKIN (or your choice of damp) a foot (joke) thick on ever panel ... Also mentioned ,.. Running ACTIVE.....

Start there,... And go nuts filling in what you think lacks.... Some dig rear fill... Some HATE it. . That's all up to your liking

Edit- on my phone.. Correcting spelling .. Sorry bout that all

Edited by KyLar96