REVOofRustler Posted February 2, 2013 Author Report Posted February 2, 2013 Well I finally made myself go do something today that I've been needing to do for a long time. When I first put my old system in (Type R and the Polk amp), I noticed that the foam under the carpet on the passenger side was soaking wet when I peeled it up. So today I pulled out all the carpet and used some leftover damplifier to seal any holes where water could be coming through. Carpet out I found two bigger holes, one in the front and one in the back. There were also some holes from where the screws I used on my old amp rack punched through the cab... Then I put on the Damplifier I'll be driving around with no carpet for a little while I wait for it all to dry out. This will also help me see if there anymore spots I need to seal before I put the carpet back in. And here's what the carpet looks like where it's really wet. I also sanded my box a little bit today. I still need to go over it with a finer grit. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted February 2, 2013 Author Report Posted February 2, 2013 My box is all sanded and ready for paint! Also drilled the holes for my bolt terminals. And then here's something I've been working on over the last few days. I'm eventually going to be glassing the doors in my truck, so I figured I'd get a bit of practice with some of the left over resin from my box. It's not pretty, but it's not going in my truck so it doesn't really need to be. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Omega5002 Posted February 2, 2013 Report Posted February 2, 2013 Box is looking great so far, and can't wait to see you glass those Mezzos on the doors when they finally get around to you. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
REVOofRustler Posted February 3, 2013 Author Report Posted February 3, 2013 Box is looking great so far, and can't wait to see you glass those Mezzos on the doors when they finally get around to you. Thanks man! I'll probably wait to glass my doors until it warms up a bit. I can barely get myself to work on my box, even when it's almost done... Anyways, the mail man dropped off my Project DB terminals today! These things look sick! So now I'm just waiting on the Mezzos! I may stick the second battery in and paint my amp rack while I wait for the speakers to come, but I'm definitely gonna wait to do that until my carpet is all dried out and ready to be stuck back in. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
megaboom Posted February 3, 2013 Report Posted February 3, 2013 Nice! 2008 Black Chevy Tahoe -Murderedout/ 2/4 Belltech drop/26" U2-55's/ HID's in fogs and headlights/G5 tails1 - BC35001 - C1100.42 - SA ZV3 18's6 - 8" SA Neo Pro's2 - FT1-SE Tweets
REVOofRustler Posted February 4, 2013 Author Report Posted February 4, 2013 Soooo the amp rack that I put together has some flaws, so I've decided to make a new that will be much more functional. I picked up some drawer slides at Home Depot on my way home today if that's any indication... So this is the "base" of the amp rack. I'll be ditching my seats this time around, but I'm hoping to still be able to stick a person back there if I really need to. I'll just need to keep one of the seat cushions for them to sit on... And then these red things are the drawer sliders Then the amp shelves go on My beautifully crafted amps And here it is with the top on. This way I'll be able to slide the amps out from under the seat so that I can adjust the gain and crossovers if I ever need to (which I'm sure I will). Plus, it'll be pretty cool having amps that slide... This will probably take a little while for me to build, and I may not be able to start til the weekend, so don't expect too many updates on this soon. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
iCool247 Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 Nice build. And you should put the newer 250F or 450F front fender on your bike. '01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE Bass-less
SnowDrifter Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 Woah! Cool amp rack! ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
REVOofRustler Posted February 5, 2013 Author Report Posted February 5, 2013 Nice! Thank you! Nice build. And you should put the newer 250F or 450F front fender on your bike. Thanks! Will the front cross over without any other mods? I'd love to do that! The new Yami's look sick! Woah! Cool amp rack! Thanks! I'm gonna try to tweak it a bit so I can fit my battery underneath one of the amps, but in a way you'll be able to see the terminals and the top of the battery when the amps are pulled out. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
ambrizd528 Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 I keep clicking on this build to see if the mezzos arrived yet. Amp rack plans look good 2004 Escalade Ext Pioneer avh8400 Kicker ix500.4 Kicker ix1000.1 Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg Sundown X-15 Sundown Sa-6.5c x2 KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.