child endangerment by loud car stereo system

well have you ever noticed that little kids tend to put their hands over their ears when at an event with lots of noise? compared to the adults adjacent to them that dont?

And if there was a kid there with his/her ears uncovered would you call CPS on the parents?

well have you ever noticed that little kids tend to put their hands over their ears when at an event with lots of noise? compared to the adults adjacent to them that dont?

Figure that just means adults are used to louder sounds.

If it was really too loud for her don't you think she'd be covering her ears too? I'm sorry I really don't see how this is endangering her in any way.

And sure she looks unhappy, but she could just be bored. I've seen plenty of girls doing hairtricks that look just as miserable. Doesn't mean they're in danger.

Although I agree with your statement to a certain degree I've also known young children whose eardrums were ruptured from fireworks.

Regardless it's a douche move and dude shouldn't be putting his daughter in ANY kind of situation that could potentially hurt her. You better believe that if something I was going to do could hurt my kids I wouldn't even try it.

But as someone said, girl took it like a champ!

I can somehow see the gov't getting involved in this and saying it's the system that's to blame, not bad parenting. Then they'd go on to ban any and all car stereo systems in that state...

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I have to agree on RolexRifleman's standpoint. We pretty much ALL agree that this is wrong but as it stands from a Law enforcement side there probably will not be much done. I am sure it will be documented/recorded but as far as an Arrest from officers i dont see that happening....

BUT in the same breath CPS may take it more seriously and may choose to do something. Only time will tell about this outcome

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Wow, that's scary. How could anybody possibly think thats a good idea?

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

these people that think this is a good/cool idea are complete morons, took my 7yo daughter to a Concert like 2 weeks ago and going to another with her next weekend, I can tell you Concerts are alot louder than a movie theatre but nowhere near as loud as inside of a loud car audio system...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

these people that think this is a good/cool idea are complete morons, took my 7yo daughter to a Concert like 2 weeks ago and going to another with her next weekend, I can tell you Concerts are alot louder than a movie theatre but nowhere near as loud as inside of a loud car audio system...

Nowhere near as pressurized. Pressure and intensity are two different things.

Mids and highs can never do hairtricks but does that mean that bass is always louder? Nope.

Sound levels of common noises Decibels Noise source Safe range 30 Whisper 60 Normal conversation 70 Washing machine Risk range 85 to 90 Heavy city traffic, power lawn mower, hair dryer 95 Motorcycle 100 Snowmobile, hand drill 110 Chain saw, rock concert Injury range 120 Ambulance siren 140 (pain threshold) Jet engine at takeoff 165 12-guage shotgun blast 180 Rocket launch

Adapted from National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, 2008; the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 2009; and American Tinnitus Association, 2009

Maximum sound-exposure durations

Below are the maximum noise levels on the job to which you may be exposed without hearing protection, and for how long.

Maximum job-noise exposure allowed by law Sound level, decibels Duration, daily 90 8 hours 92 6 hours 95 4 hours 97 3 hours 100 2 hours 102 1.5 hours 105 1 hour 110 30 minutes 115

15 minutes or less

This was what the docs gave me have ear surgery on my son. They told me any spl over 130db for more than 3 min will result in permanent loss. This is just for low range of frequency 100hz and lower in a confined space like a vehicle. Highs and mids are less time at same levels in same surroundings. The surroundings and levels play a big part in the level of hearing loss. The only reason I got the lecture was after the surgery my son pop off and said now I can really hear your car dad. He was just joking with them but they didn't laugh at that. Then he told them I wouldn't with him in the car and it wasn't fair lol. I was careful with his hearing and the car would only do 124db. So this car is over that plus the pressure on that child's inner ear is dangerous IMO.

• 3 months later...

Archived