DC Sound Lab

Lvl4 m1 18" results

Hey guys, I just metered my setup the other day. I have a m1 lvl4 18" in a 6 cu/ft encloser tuned to 32hz, a saz3000 ran with 4 gauge. I wanted to do a before and after of a electrical upgrade. Big3, 1/0 to 2 kinetic 1800's in back, 8g speaker wire, alternator. On a 45hz. tone it did 151.4db. This is in a Explorer. Is this respectable for this setup? I'm thinking there won't be much improvement with the upgrades, but they will help make everything "happier". What do you guys think?

Pics or video?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

pics of what?

JoeX designed the box. 6 cu. ft. after displacements, tuned at 32-33 can't remember which. Sub up on pass. side, port back on drivers side, against back seat.

4 gauge +/- ,100amp fuse, 14 gauge speaker wire. Stock electrical.

I dont know what kind of meter it was, he would hold it by his head for a bit, then by the windshield, fiddle around for min., then do it again, the whole testing process took maybe 30-45 min., and it was hot as hell in there. The shop has been around at least 20 years, I'm confident they might know a thing or two. They did charge me $60 though, not to sure how I feel about that. I havent purchased a thing from them, so I guess I dont blame them.

He had a cd that had a bunch of tones on it, the 45hz tone was the loudest at 151.4, then he put some music in, which I wasnt too impressed with and it was in the mid 140's. I have songs that play quite a bit louder than what he was playing, too each there own. All the windows were up.

I wish I would have gotten some vids now, didn't think about it at the time. Was thinking more about needing to hurry up and get home, for my sons football practice, lol.

Anyways, it does make the windshield wipers dance around a bit, and starts to effect my breathing pretty good.

I'll get some pics up soon, as I'll have to use my sons phone to get pics. The camera lens on my phone has a nice satin finish on it from being in my pocket, lol.

Anybody here from the KC, MO area?

Edited by Jay L.