LOL: Know Your Rights: Law Student Backs Down Cop..

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but in Georgia it is law that if requested by an officer you must show identification or you WILL be arrested. Also a friend of mine has a carry license and if he carries his gun, even openly, he must also show his carry license with his identification. I may be a little off because it's been a couple of years since I've worked with the police round here but I do believe that is the way the law is written here.

"This is noise"

I have a feeling that's incorrect Hugh would know though

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have a feeling that's incorrect Hugh would know though

I may be incorrect, it has been a while since I've worked with the police around here so I am rusty, but I know they are written similar to that the only thing I can't remember is the amount of reason needed. I'm not sure if they need probable cause or reasonable suspicion or what the level needed is.

"This is noise"

Ohio is a open carry, Just cannot open/conceal carry in your vehicle, the firearm and mag/ammo has to be seperate.

Now I have had sorta a incident with a sheriff but he did not come out and say anything to me. But I was open carrying in my yard, and was down at the road talking to my neighbor, the sheriff was patrolling the area and seen I had it on me, sat at the stop sign *T intersection at the end of my property* and watched me for a good 5 minutes while I talked to my neighbor. He then called in 2 undercovers, had seen them throughout the day, so knew the vehicles, to sit at the top and bottom of my street and watch me.

They left me alone, which I am very happy about, Because I did not want to get into a altercation with a police officer, and have to let them know it was my right to open carry.

edit

that cop got the department sued for what i believe was 12 million dollars, the guy in the video TRIED multiple times to explain to him.

there are quite a few stories in ohio of open carrying going horribly wrong, and people being thrown on the ground by police, thrown in cuffs and into the car..

I wish police knew more of the laws they enforced. But just because they dont, will not stop me from protecting myself if anything were to ever happen

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Open carrying OR conceal carrying on your property that you own, lease or legally occupy is accepted in Wisconsin as part of the castle doctrine. Missouri is the same when it comes to the castle doctrine.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but in Georgia it is law that if requested by an officer you must show identification or you WILL be arrested. Also a friend of mine has a carry license and if he carries his gun, even openly, he must also show his carry license with his identification. I may be a little off because it's been a couple of years since I've worked with the police round here but I do believe that is the way the law is written here.

the laws change every year. if you are interested in getting up to date on georgia weapon laws then you need to read up on SB308 that passed here in 2010..... in ga, there is no need to provide any ID or licensing on a tier-1 (voluntary, non detained) encounter. must be a tier-2 (officer must have R.A.S. of a crime being commited) to legally require ID or licensing to be presented.

the problem lies in the fact that very few officers understand this.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I swear all open carriers are like this...why in the fuck do you need to open carry a gun? And secondly how do you think walkin around downtown with a gun in your damn suspenders in today world is gonna fly with people walkin past you, especially people who don't know about guns or the specifics of carrying the... Alls it does is cause problems in public this faggot could of just been on his merry way if he would of just showed the cop his ID...

Beemdub. leave thread now. who are you to judge someone and to call him a faggot? Not all open carriers are doing it for a cause. They do it because its comfortable. your ignorance is showing.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I swear all open carriers are like this...why in the fuck do you need to open carry a gun? And secondly how do you think walkin around downtown with a gun in your damn suspenders in today world is gonna fly with people walkin past you, especially people who don't know about guns or the specifics of carrying the... Alls it does is cause problems in public this faggot could of just been on his merry way if he would of just showed the cop his ID...

Honestly? you are less likely to be a victim if you open carry. Who in their right mind is going to go rob some one who they can clearly see has a firearm? no one, they will go after the people who they can see dont have a firearm. Its actually pretty common sense once you think about it.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

You must be from a state that Open carry is illegal... Because as N8 stated concealing a weapon isnt always comfortable especially when you carry large framed pistols so OC is a nice option to have available. Plus if the guy was NOT committing a crime there was no need to ID himself.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived