Buzzing noise from amp

So here is what is happening.

When i tune my amp using the DD-1 (-10db track) before i reach distortion levels on my gain i hear a buzz from the amp. Amp is a SHOK II sub is Sundown z10" v.3 and max level on HU is 50 distorts at 48 so i tune at 47. Its not my first time tuning amp with DD-1 just wondering if anyone has come across this buzz on a different amp.

Any suggestions i'm all ears.

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

The buzz is coming from the amp itself or through the subwoofer? If it's through the amp, that's nothing to worry about and is perfectly normal.

if you havnt done it yet do this: Run your power wire on the opposite side of your remote wire and RCA's. Where ever your ground is, make sure all the paint is grinded or sanded off. Most people dont have the paint sanded on there ground and it causes that.

Got this done already power wires are on left(driver) side and all signal lines running on right(pass) side. But thanks

The buzz is coming from the amp itself or through the subwoofer? If it's through the amp, that's nothing to worry about and is perfectly normal.

Alright well i hope so, dont want this thing to burn out on me, not easily available so can't just replace like that.

Also i went back an tuned using track 7. After about 2 songs woofer started gettig smelly haha luckily i wasn't full tilt the whole time, i would turn th bass remote up at times then back down.. Putting this z v.3 to work.

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Why Track 7? Set it with track 3 and safely play full volume all day.

i wanted to see if the Z would take the beating lol. And tomorrow retune using track 3. Until the 15" comes in then test again..

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

• 4 weeks later...

ihave a crossfire vr2000 the bass signal is processed through aucontrol overdrive. i did notice that buzz after hitting a certain gain input. if i ignored the buzz the amp would shut off or simply go into proyect until i lowered the gain. i use the dd1 to tune it. but if i set the overdrive witht the dd1 to handle anything more than constant 2v the amp will buzz even though the signal is clean. the radio is a jvc with time correction etc etc. the outputs on the head unit are supposedly four volts

That buzzing sound is like an internal distortion detector.If you actually notice it starts right around the time the DD-1 starts to show distortion.Not sure but I think that's the point the power supply is putting out max power and once it starts to buzz its over working trying to put out more power but instead its just distorting.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg