Michael's Random @$$ Cookbook

First off, I know there's a "What are you eating on" thread, but I just wanted to keep this thread for recipes.

I don't know if any of you are into cooking or not, but I just thought I'd throw it here anyway.

In my free time I like to throw stuff in a pot and see how it comes out. I thought I would document it here and let you all know how it tastes. Feel free to try them yourself, although be warned, I rarely measure stuff.

Today's dish, I like to call it the Ultimate Chicken Mac and Cheese Soup.

Ingredients:

1LB boneless, skinless chicken breast

Mrs Dash

Paprika

Ground Cumin

Ground Mustard Seed

Flour

Pepsi Next - Paradise Mango flavor

"No Yolks" Egg White Pasta (Although any pasta will do)

2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup

1/2LB Velveeta Cheese block

First, I mixed the Mrs Dash, paprika, cumin, mustard, and flour all in a bowl. I didn't measure it but it seemed like about 1/2 of the mix was flour, 1/3 was an equal mixture of Mrs Dash and paprika, and the last remainder was an equal mixture of the cumin and mustard. I then cut the chicken into small 1 inch slices and put it in the seasoning mixture, covering every piece. The chicken was then put into a frying pan on high, and then covered with about 1/3 of the bottle of Pepsi. Fry it until all there is no more Pepsi in the pan.

While that's happened, I had all the noodles cooking in a separate pan. Cook them, drain then, and then put them back in the same pan they were in. Add the 2 cans of condensed soup + 2 cans of water and stir it until the condensed chicken soup is, well, not condensed anymore.

At this point I put the cheese block in the noodles and added the chicken to the mix. Stir until the cheese is melted and mixed up.

The Verdict:

I loved it. Unfortunately no one else is here to try it. I thought the seasoning or the mango pepsi was going to have an overpowering taste, but it all mixed together to have a very great taste.

If you feel like trying something new, go ahead and try this.

IMG_20120815_154528.jpg

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I cook ALL the time. Cheaper than eating out.

And yes now I'm hungry, thanks. :P

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Im eating while im reading this but its still making me hungry =[

Fatty fo life.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Saw this thread yesterday and decided to add to it when I was making supper last night. (Sorry for the poor pics I just used my phone for them)

Montalcino Chicken

Ingredients:

Boneless skinless Chicken breasts (Thin cut work best)

Pancetta

White button mushrooms

Fontina Cheese

Pesto (homemade is best but stuff for the store is fine)

Alfredo sauce (optional for the pasta)

Linguine (or other pasta of your choice)

Butter

Olive Oil (Use something good, it makes a difference)

Italian seasoning (fresh seasoning is better but too much work)

Coarse ground black pepper

White cooking wine

Start by covering the chicken breasts in pesto and letting them marinate in the fridge for about an hour.

Fry the pancetta until it just starts getting crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.

th_2012-08-15_17-13-41_937.jpg

Using the pan (with the grease/fat from the pancetta) saute the mushrooms adding about 1/3 stick of butter, 1/4 c white cooking wine, italian seasoning, and black pepper to taste. Set aside when finished.

th_2012-08-15_17-18-00_334.jpg

Cook the chicken breasts on a grill. They don't have to be cooked all the way through but enough to give them grill marks and add a grilled flavor.

th_2012-08-15_17-39-09_877.jpg th_2012-08-15_17-49-15_341.jpg

Once you're done grilling the chicken bring it in and lay it out on a cookie sheet. Crumble the cooked pancetta evenly over each chicken breast. (Sometimes I will also throw a little more pesto on top of the chicken before adding the pancetta and mushrooms if I'm not using it in the pasta but I didn't have enough and didn't want to run to the store so I skipped it.)

th_2012-08-15_17-51-18_172.jpg

Next put the sauteed mushrooms on each chicken breast.

th_2012-08-15_17-53-50_494.jpg

Once you have the pancetta and mushrooms on there you can thinly slice (1/16" thick) the Fontina cheese and put that on top of everything. (I didn't get a pic of this step because I was using my phone for the pics and was on it at the time)

After this step you can get your water going for your pasta and cook that while the chicken is in the oven.

Now you can throw this into a pre-heated 400 degree oven on the middle rack for about 15 mins (You may have to adjust this time depending on your oven. You just want to make sure the chicken is cooked the rest of the way through.)

th_2012-08-15_18-17-34_403.jpg

Once your pasta is done, drain it and mix in pesto (or you can use alfredo if you added more pesto to the chicken after grilling)

Here's the finished product

2012-08-15_18-27-41_411.jpg

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW