DC Sound Lab

If you want headroom for more power on the amp you could also get the 3.5K and turn the gain to the point where you get around 1800 rms @ 1 ohm. The electrical wont have to be as beefed up as if you were to go all the way to the amps potential. when you start craving more bass you can add another sub and some more batts and use the same amp to power them. Just food for thought

No you will not need as many batteries if you plan to run the amp at 2 ohms. I would run an upgraded battery under the hood and a d3400 in the back if it were my vehicle. But as has been said before, the difference in running at 1ohm and 2ohm will not be audible to your ears. Now what you will have, is more power in reserve if you would like to add more subs later, you can then wire down to 1ohm and you would have no need to upgrade amplifiers. Now if you decide to wire down to 1 oh at some point, you would then need to add to the battery bank to support the power.

If you want headroom for more power on the amp you could also get the 3.5K and turn the gain to the point where you get around 1800 rms @ 1 ohm. The electrical wont have to be as beefed up as if you were to go all the way to the amps potential. when you start craving more bass you can add another sub and some more batts and use the same amp to power them. Just food for thought

Wrong. Explain to me how the gain will do this please. Is there something on the gain knob that says "turn here for 1500w"???? I want to make this very clear THE ENTIRE AND SOUL PURPOSE OF THE GAIN IS TO MATCH THE INPUT SIGNAL COMING FROM YOUR HEADUNIT!!!!! There is no magic formula that tells you how much you can turn it down from there and get a certain amount of power. You dont know how much true power you are going to see after rise and voltage drop until you build the box and clamp the amp at that point. Please do not continue to give out uninformed, incorrect, information.

This sub that you have, is it dual 4 ohm or dual 1 ohm ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Thanks CJ. I didn't think the part about turning the gain down was right. I wouldn't have done that anyway.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin