Sonic Electronix

k here's a question, who does remagnetizing sub magnets?

It has been brought to my attention that perhaps the reason my subs dont hit hard (like 88db @ 1800w), is because maybe the magnets have been severely used and the drivers dont perform like they should. I'd like to send them in to someone that can remag (regauze) them.

I live in cali, east of Sac. Anyone know who's got a machine?

Maybe your install sucks :P

Did you get those robot underground subs?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

What kind of subwoofers do you have and how old?

Have they ever been exposed to temps about 350 deg F?

Chances are, you do not need to remagnetize them. If the magnetic field became weak, it wouldnt just be quiet, the woofers would heat up and possibly blow on very low power and not mover very much at all.

88dB on 1800w sounds like an odd number, how did you come up with that number?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Yup RU subs. Been like this ever since I bought them about 3 yrs ago. Got newer subs that are WAAAAAAAY louder with same amp/stereo.

Install is good, Tried using tuned ported and sealed boxes of various dimentions/ports etc.

HHR Ed- 88db is a random #. But the sensitivity has got to be like 70db@1w/1m. They will just not hit.

The hottest they have ever gotten is prolly 120*, maybe. It doesnt get very hot out here.

These 12" subs utilize the Diamond Audio Mac Daddy Dual Stacked magnet motors, Orion HCCA cones and spiders, and I am not sure but maybe an aftermarket coil. I wonder if the parts are good stuff, but they werent assembled correctly, or mismatched due to non or poor calculations?

I'm ready to send them somewhere to get revived, or I may just use them for target practice.

Im ata loss as what it could be....

Yup RU subs. Been like this ever since I bought them about 3 yrs ago. Got newer subs that are WAAAAAAAY louder with same amp/stereo.

Install is good, Tried using tuned ported and sealed boxes of various dimentions/ports etc.

HHR Ed- 88db is a random #. But the sensitivity has got to be like 70db@1w/1m. They will just not hit.

The hottest they have ever gotten is prolly 120*, maybe. It doesnt get very hot out here.

These 12" subs utilize the Diamond Audio Mac Daddy Dual Stacked magnet motors, Orion HCCA cones and spiders, and I am not sure but maybe an aftermarket coil. I wonder if the parts are good stuff, but they werent assembled correctly, or mismatched due to non or poor calculations?

I'm ready to send them somewhere to get revived, or I may just use them for target practice.

Im ata loss as what it could be....

LOW efficiency, nothing is as good as OEM, generally. Those Orion soft parts are WAY too much for those motors and who know of the coils, they could be crap. I'd part them out ASAP, frankly. They are Frankensubs.

I'm gonna hate

Maybe your install sucks :P

Did you get those robot underground subs?

I know some people have had problems wit Robot Underground. But I have actually been to the guys shop. I have done a couple recones for him. He is actually building some really nice subs.

Archived