Like the title says, this is nothing to extreme, just breathing new life into a well worn Pistol. This was bought by a friend of mine, and he asked me to freshen it up for him, giving me a tight budget, he just wanted it to be a decent ass kicker, and let me loose on it.

Started with a beat up, finger fucked to death, dirty as hell, kinda worn out Para Ordnance P13-45, which is a high-cap 1911 variant.

Gun had a real loose slide to frame fit, a crappier fit on the barrel bushing, and the finish on it was beat, had some oxidation starting here and there as well....

ParaP13.jpg

So I tore it down, decided what was staying and what was getting replaced... All the while keeping my dudes tight budget in mind.

ParaP132.jpg

So after a thorough cleaning, re-assembly began, we gave it a new, hand fitted barrel bushing, new Wilson sear and disconnect, new main spring, new recoil spring... Everything else was reused from the original build, being in good condition aside from the looks. Re-fitted the slide to the frame, tightening it up a lot. I also polished the feed ramp and gave it a trigger job, bringing the pull down to about 3lbs flat. Did a little bit of grinding to flare the mag well, lowered the ejection port a bit more and added to its flare also, and gave the entire pistol a moderate carry "melt" ( all sharp edges/ corners are smoothed over and radius-ed, letting the pistol be drawn easier without fear of snagging on clothing etc., also makes it look a bit different, subtle, but different.). I took all the pieces that were being re-used and re- parkerized them for a nice finish as well, gave it a decent Duracoat job, and threw her back together and this is what we ended up with:

Parafromside.jpg

Paraslideback.jpg

Paracoolview.jpg

Para.jpg

nicemag.jpg

Paracoolpic.jpg

All in all, nothing to extreme... just a nice shooting, well functioning piece with a touch of eye candy thrown in the mix. Pistol shoots fantastic, its owner ran 250rds through it the day he picked it up without a single issue.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

What did that process set him back??? Is that skulls on the mag and Digital camo on the weapon?

Is taht something that can be done at home bro?? That finish is BAD ASS

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

you can buy duracoat kits. just dont expect it to look that good. its like tinting windows its an art.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Bcp - pretty much anything hard can be Duracoated, Kydex holsters, polymer pistols, knife blades etc...

Bobby- My dude got the " best man at my wedding, known him forever and ever" type price... But, with what was done to this particular pistol, couple parts replaced and hand fitted, tightening the slide to frame fit, the carry melt, the paint job on pistol and mag... looking to be in the neighborhood of 4 bills, maybe a bit more.

Flashlight- The slide to frame fit thing is pretty simple if you have the actual tools to do it, and depending on the severity of how bad/good they fit together. And yes, smetimes a hammer is involved in one way or another.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

you can buy duracoat kits. just dont expect it to look that good. its like tinting windows its an art.

Thanks N8... And ya, you can buy Duracoat online from a few places, straight from the manufacturer has the fastest shipping. Duracoat is kind of pricey, its an expensive learning curve if you mess up. The kits are nice, but the canned air and the airbrush they come with str8 suck IMHO. Better off using an air compressor and a harbor freight airbrush/ spray gun. The Prevale aerosol sprayer you can get from them works ok for single color applications though. Next on the block for duracoat is either my MAP1 (CZ 75 clone) or my G17, something cool with a neato skull theme like the mag pictured here. If anyone is interested in having anything duracoated, just get at me, things like magazines, knives, parts wouldnt even need to be shipped via FFL, unless of course you wanted to spend more and send them to the shop, lol.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Im liking that a lot. I may have to save up so $$$ to send you my Colt 1911.. Great job!

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Im liking that a lot. I may have to save up so $$$ to send you my Colt 1911.. Great job!

Thanks man... Really enjoying 'smithing.. Hard part is giving them back afterwards. If you ever do want any work done, send me a PM and Ill send you the info for the shop.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Sounds good man. I will keep you in mind when I have some extra cash.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived