I find you folks funny

I was taking a look at the Vital post ( the one with the monitoring system) and what I find is appalling! For years before Tony D. has come out with these products most of us have been doing things a certain way. Clamping amps and settings gains on our amps a certain way. Now Tony D. has come out with some new products to make setting things more accurate and easier on the audiophile and for that we thank you Tony. But the issue here is all of the users who act like the ways we were doing it before is just blasphemy. Now that these tools are available it seems anyone that try's to set or use a method previous to these tools being released has no clue what they are doing are are ridiculed. But the main fact is that if Tony D was not here posting on this forum or coming out with these products, then the same ones that are BASHING now would still be setting and configuring things like we have in the past. YOU, the same people who jump on any new bandwagon tool that comes out.

:ninja:

there is ONE thing i hate about car audio besides the amount of money required to play in it..

and that one thing is this:

EVERYTHING must be done the exact way the "big dogs" are doing it, or you are a fucking idiot.

if you step out of line, or try something different, your entire setup is trash, hated on and picked at just because of one little thing you do differently (even though it ends up with the same result).

then a while down the road, one of these "big dogs" comes and tests it and suddenly everyone flocks to the idea and starts using it.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I'm just sick and tired of people bashing a product no matter what it may be when the fact is that same person would buy the damn product if it had a different name on it

You can't bash a product since your car isn't done, like EVER! :drink40:

:(, when I get to the point where I may be a little loud then maybe I will post something. Sad fact is my audiophile skills are lacking in a major way! Bastage!

You just need to move here so I can help you with it!

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

tumblr_m5b2bt4McG1qhwm7oo1_500.gif

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

I couldn't agree more about the bashing. Granted, Tony is completely right and the basic clamp method traditionally used for amp tests in car audio is somewhat meaningless, but it is still a better reference than having nothing at all.

Haha I cant wait for Tony to come out with a new version of the DD1 that allows you to set your gains for more frequencies than 40hz and select the acceptable level of distortion present. After that, anyone using the original will be an idiot! lol

Team NorthWestSPL

I was taking a look at the Vital post ( the one with the monitoring system) and what I find is appalling! For years before Tony D. has come out with these products most of us have been doing things a certain way. Clamping amps and settings gains on our amps a certain way. Now Tony D. has come out with some new products to make setting things more accurate and easier on the audiophile and for that we thank you Tony. But the issue here is all of the users who act like the ways we were doing it before is just blasphemy. Now that these tools are available it seems anyone that try's to set or use a method previous to these tools being released has no clue what they are doing are are ridiculed. But the main fact is that if Tony D was not here posting on this forum or coming out with these products, then the same ones that are BASHING now would still be setting and configuring things like we have in the past. YOU, the same people who jump on any new bandwagon tool that comes out.

there is ONE thing i hate about car audio besides the amount of money required to play in it..

EVERYTHING must be done the exact way the "big dogs" are doing it, or you are a fucking idiot.

if you step out of line, or try something different, your entire setup is trash, hated on and picked at just because of one little thing you do differently (even though it ends up with the same result).

then a while down the road, one of these "big dogs" comes and tests it and suddenly everyone flocks to the idea and starts using it.

im not talking about big dogs. I am talking about everyone and bashers in general. you dont have to be a big dog to do things a certain way. I am no big dog by no means.

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

im not talking about big dogs. I am talking about everyone and bashers in general. you dont have to be a big dog to do things a certain way. I am no big dog by no means.

your the all sneaky ninja lol.

some of the loudest guys around still dont use these tools-

Let me add some important facts you failed to mention to your statement that is very well partially true.

Some of the loudest guys also peg their amp gains all the way up and to compensate use a very low headunit volume (in return for making it a shorter roll up volume on a burp).

Some of the loudest guys don't give 2 shits about music, or the reproduction of clean sound.

Some of the loudest guys also cant play a song in their setup (and if they can, its only at very low volume far far far from their loudest scores or they will launch all their woofers).

Some of the loudest guys clip the living crap out of their amplifiers and woofers and could care less about a tool designed to properly set an amplifier gain, when they know, tested and can prove square wave clipping is always louder on the meter.

Some of the loudest guys straight up ruined Car Audio to this date, Competition, and Sponserships...

Im sure Im missing some other things here, but you can understand where Im coming from with your attempt to discredit certain tools because "some of the loudest guys dont use them".....

So why would some of the loudest guys use a meter designed to reduce THD and Clipping from the headunit to the amplifiers, when these loudest guys get louder with the clipping...

Of coarse they dont use said tools, it be stupid on their part, and would probably no longer be "some of the loudest"...

It goes a little far some time, but lets look at the other side of your logic. Because the advancement of science or technology shouldn't leave older methods obsolete or evil, we should still have pigeon carriers, ride horses, weave our own fabric and make clothes out of them, and dance until it rains lest we die of famine. Things change, science gets more advanced, technology becomes more suitable for daily life, and we evolve as a people.

I'm not saying anything more than just ask opposing punt of view. I used to use house blankets stuffed in between the metal to help decrease rattles...to hell if I'm going back to that method, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

It goes a little far some time, but lets look at the other side of your logic. Because the advancement of science or technology shouldn't leave older methods obsolete or evil, we should still have pigeon carriers, ride horses, weave our own fabric and make clothes out of them, and dance until it rains lest we die of famine. Things change, science gets more advanced, technology becomes more suitable for daily life, and we evolve as a people.

I'm not saying anything more than just ask opposing punt of view. I used to use house blankets stuffed in between the metal to help decrease rattles...to hell if I'm going back to that method, lol

horse back riding and knitting. so it's still implemented today. the pigeon carriers, you stumped me there, that method sucked. but just because something new comes out doesn't mean people will use it. people still use horses for everyday living in the right applications, farms use them. and knitting is a hobby that many do, sure they can go to the store, but where's the fun in that? my grandma knits baby blankets, blankets, purses, and stuff you set hot plates on. so these aren't ruled out. sure not everyone does them, but just because they're slower doesn't mean they're proven wrong and obsolete.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

I was just shocked that is was more that the numbers where off more than I thought. New old don't mean squat to me as most of the methods for clamping is new to me anyway. So bashing new or old is dumb especially if it isn't fully understood. In my case just getting to the point of understanding how to do it with what I have. Do I think it may be cool yes I love new gadgets. Will I jump on the band wagon so to speak cause Steve's or Mr d's names are on it no. No offence to them in anyway or the product. It wouldn't be worth me buying it for a handful of amps so the old way is good enough for me if I do it right. Or take it to someone who knows what they are doing instead of bashing any of the ways of doing things.

Archived