How much power can these subs take?

Sundown rates their subs waaay below what they can take because that's the RMS they can take while on a shit-ton of clipped signal, because they don't want to take shit from people saying their stuff is overrated when they didn't know how to tune their stuff in the first place. SA series can easily take 2-3x it's RMS rating daily with no sweat.

Many companies are like this. Which sub will blow first? rms or 3x rms?

What I'm getting at is there is nothing wrong with actually doing what the manufacture recommends. We won't call you a noob because you're not running 2x rated to the subs, even if they can handle it all day.

I'm off to school, just some food for thought. I'm not bashing people who run over rms at all. I'm writing this so maybe some of the newer people can see it.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

thye do that so idiots arent blowing gear left and right that needs warrantied because people cant set their gains right. alot harder to blow a 1000 watt woofer with 600 watts of clipped power than rated power clipped to hell.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It seems to be cool now to run equipment to its extreme, recording tore up surround and posting it on youtube for us to see how badass you and your unfortunate equipment are for doing something stupid (no Thors hate).

Sundown rates their subs waaay below what they can take because that's the RMS they can take while on a shit-ton of clipped signal, because they don't want to take shit from people saying their stuff is overrated when they didn't know how to tune their stuff in the first place. SA series can easily take 2-3x it's RMS rating daily with no sweat.

I'm not bashing people who run over rms at all. I'm writing this so maybe some of the newer people can see it.

Lol okay.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

In my opinion there are people that'll overpower their subs, knowing exactly what can happen but also know what their doing.

I agree with finkster about the people posting questions asking if the subs can handle it, or run an amp low. If you actually have to ask, you haven't done enough testing yourself in real world applications to know what needs to be done. Those are the kinds of people that would stray away.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Why are you so upset about this?

Running above RMS is just a matter of doing it smart. It's like when people up the boost on their turbo'd daily driver. If you mess up, sure the engine will blow. But if you understand what you are doing and have some common sense - it shouldn't cause any issues.

Just as a quick example - look at Steve. He runs something like ~7k to each woofer right now. Overpowered his old subs by quite a margin too and hasn't had any issues.

Or I think it was Alpine(?) running something like 7k clamped to an AA Mayhem and didn't have any trouble with it.

Its not about not having trouble with it. Its about the newer people joining the hobby, buying 600rms subs and feeding it 3,000 watts. Its been proven some subs can take it, but why? If you want to run 3,000 watts why the heck are you buying 600rms subs for?

Alpine knows what he's doing, but everyone is on this need to overpower everything trip when it isn't necessary. Finks only point.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

andt hen the other people that recommend it. dude that SA can take 1000-1500 watts no problem.

poof blown woofer for new guy.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

women push their men to the limit they are too busy to try it with anything else.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived