On another forum I used to post on (not for car audio) there was a for sale section but also right by it an appraisals section where people could post pics of their gear and get recommendations for a fair price or trade. You could also get feedback on the price you wanted to list at or how much cash someone would need to add for a trade etc. etc. I just noticed there was no section like that here, it would be a cool section to have with our active marketplace and SMD would be the first to have it among the big car audio forums. I wasn't really sure where else to post this and since it's an issue regarding the site I figured I'd drop it here.

I'm gonna hate

Not really, that is why sections have rules. I've seen it work elsewhere on far less... mature... forums.

EDIT: Threads can be moved, warnings issued, doubt it will happen many times. You'll never know until you try, if everyone were that cynical about everything nobody would get out of bed in the morning. Sheesh.

I'm gonna hate

It's not cynical i think its spot on. I don't know how many members this other forum had, or how many mods, but it just seems to me like it would be s huge headache.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

It's not cynical i think its spot on. I don't know how many members this other forum had, or how many mods, but it just seems to me like it would be s huge headache.

Precisely.

You never know until you try, again I have seen it work. You just have rules, ie

-You must post a picture of the item with your name

-You cannot ask the poster to sell the item in the thread

-Bumps every 24h

-Appraisals only, no FS threads

Simple.

I'm gonna hate

Im not for this. I already know what kind of issue it will be. We cant get people to follow the rules in the for sale forum that they have to scroll past to make a for sale post. Remember its not you guys that have to help someone when they get shafted int he for sale section its me. I do not want an added headache because people are not smart enough to value their own gear.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Whatever happens with the idea,.. I like the mods,..moderating.

... Not baby sitting.

I had Roscoe up till after mid night this morning, sniffing out someone that was being a lil shady..... Lol...

Making the community better,... not whipping noses.....

... Whats best for all.....

Archived