Sergeant_Skyrim Posted September 12, 2012 Report Posted September 12, 2012 Alright, so I'm new to mids and highs and want something that'll keep up with my Zcon. I don't have a ton of money to spend on mids and highs, and yes I know you get what you pay for, so I'm basically just trying to figure out what I need to make what I'm looking at work. I'm looking at a few 6" midbass speakers and some tweeters as well. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=299-030&scqty=4 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=270-011&scqty=4 I'm also looking at getting http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/Rockford-Fosgate-R300-4-300-Watt-RMS-4-Channel-Amplifier-Car-Audio-Amp-R3004/R300-4.aspx to power them. My question being, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need some crossovers to allow only certain frequencies to pass to the tweets and speakers, but since this is my first time trying anything like this I really don't know where to start. Which is why I'm fine with using cheap equipment for the time being until I learn. Any help I could get with this is much appreciated, thanks for reading Build in progress
ToNasty Posted September 12, 2012 Report Posted September 12, 2012 Check out the cadence cvl midbasses. I just got mine in and i love them. I have never even heard of the ones ypu posted nor would i buy a 4dollar speaker ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Sergeant_Skyrim Posted September 12, 2012 Author Report Posted September 12, 2012 Check out the cadence cvl midbasses. I just got mine in and i love them. I have never even heard of the ones ypu posted nor would i buy a 4dollar speaker Thanks for attempting to read, better luck next time! Build in progress
Skullz Posted September 12, 2012 Report Posted September 12, 2012 You'll be fine with all that as a starter kit to try out. You could start at 3500hz as a starting point to crossover and work you way up and down the scale to find the sweet spot where they'll sound the best. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
ALPINE408 Posted September 12, 2012 Report Posted September 12, 2012 The mids look good also look into dayton audio peerless and tangbans on parts express all good cheap mids I would not recomend those tweeters tho you will need a good eq or crossover I didn't look at the amp buut the amps crossovers might be enough to cross them over properly Have you ever had your woofers blown?
ToNasty Posted September 12, 2012 Report Posted September 12, 2012 I didnt read the last paragraph. (Phone didnt load it all the way) certain tweeters have a built in crossover. ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
BobbyG2 Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=260-148 I'd keep them in the trunk so the possible moisture in the doors don't get to them *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
ACDCdude953 Posted September 23, 2012 Report Posted September 23, 2012 i hope this gets more replies cause im in the same situation and really need some help
satish1015 Posted September 23, 2012 Report Posted September 23, 2012 I've heard about a lot of heating problems with those rockford amps.. i've personally used this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22573_Kenwood-KAC-8405.html iit's gotten warm on me but never burning hot and it's never gone in to protect mode no matter how long i've played it.. i know you're not looking for advice on that but since it's in the same price range and it's cea compliant with more power output then why not 2008 BMW 550i M Sport Build coming soon! 2000 Volvo s40 1.9TPioneer DVD navigation head unitO2 audio performance mid range speakers2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers4 Selenium ST200 Super TweetersHifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary BatteriesKinetik HC600- Secondary BatteryKnukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.