Rare for girls. There are a few, and even a few on here, but from what I've gathered... they're either just supporting their spouse/partner with their presence and hate it, or it's part of a deal. "I'll show up at your competition if you take me here and do this for me" or something like that. Not saying it's always like that as some girls are truly sincere and into the car audio, but not all that common. It's just "obnoxious noise". Lol. Like I asked my mom about my car, "it is way too loud, it makes your car rattle. That is entirely way too loud". No, it's actually pretty quiet, compared to builds on here.

And I'd say also depends on the area. I don't see much of it in Colorado. Every now and then I hear someone's bass or see these wanna-be thugs paying in $100's, but just nonsense.

this is true with michigan as well, however i did meet my fiance at a party cuz she liked my system. now she wants to compete with me in dif classes. oh and welcome to the forum op. i started off with 2 12' cvr's and am now running 2 18's. you will def learn alot here and if you don't get butt hurt when your told your wrong ( i'm still working on this) alot of these guys here will set you on the right path.

true for Idaho as well, I do know of a couple of gals in southern idaho that are into it, one cuz her boy toy got her into it, the other just cuz she likes it.

Where does Burpleranger come from? My ranger is a 2004 Ford Ranger Edge, Sonic "Blue"

In a certain light it looks purple, but then it also looks blue. lol

Everyone's system is "the best" in "their own mind" (this includes me, even though i "know" its not)

quick rundown on what i've had in the past:

the first:

lanzer 100x4 amp

2 pair Infinity Kappa 6x8's

(appropriate hardware still had stock deck)

Infinity Basslink

Lol I "thought" that was loud lol

Current status: stolen

Second:

cheapo pioneer deck

2x memphis 10's (entry level)

absolute amp for the 10's

prefab box

third:

current pioneer deck (cant remember the model) maybee its the deh-p80mp

had a box built for me by a shop, gave them specs, then they did what they felt like on it :(

2 x Audiobahn Flame Q 12's

Audiobahn A18001DT dr the subs

still had the infinity 6x8's

status: got pissed at the box, started to come apart on me, so redisign, with use of actual 3/4" mdf, not the silly pressboard 1/2" the shop made it out of.

Four:

same pioneer deck

same subs/amp

alpine spx-17 pro x2

alpine pdx 100.4

better box

status: got bored with that, and once I redesigned, I accidentally let the blue smoke out of one of the subs...oops

fifth:

same deck (hopefully to be replaced soon)

same alpine gear (spx-17pro's being replaced on saturday with hertz hsx165"s)

same sub amp

2x fosgate T1D412

so, I have come a long ways from my first to my current. But still have a ways to go till I get to where I want, kinda wantin to put the new hertz on the door panels for better imaging, but that will take a while, dont have the tools/space to do that at the moment, silly apartments lol.

Where does Burpleranger come from? My ranger is a 2004 Ford Ranger Edge, Sonic "Blue"

Everyone's system is "the best" in "their own mind" (this includes me, even though i "know" its not)

I figure I'd kind've threadjack this because it goes along with what you originally stated burple, with I have to say this. I'm looking to do my big 3 and can't find much specifics for my car on the net, but there is a forum for it. I go on there and search for "big 3 upgrade" as to which some of the answers... oh wow.

Everyone states that their headlights dim. #1 answer on that forum? "Get a capacitor". Not even kidding. Real answers right here... "Sounds like you need a capacitor to go with the amp and sub..... Subs use alot of the power from ur battery" "capacitor or bad ground...could be the alternator not big enough or going out." "u need a cap to suffice the power for the big bass hits, your battery and alternator together dont have the juice to support it, invest in a cap, gl" "Thing is, it would still need to run through the alternator to charge it, so running 2 batteries will kill a stock alt in under 2 years. A 200 amp alt is about $400 installed, and lasts a lot longer than a cap."

So although there were a good few statements such as "alternator not big enough"... it was mostly garbage answers of "get a cap".

There was 1 good answer.

"1) Check your ground.

2) Capacitors are garbage, and if you have one, get rid of it.

3) The alternator (as long as it's functioning properly) will provide enough power for your setup.

4) Upgrade the "Big 3"

With a Big 3 upgrade and a good ground, there's no reason to have your lights dimming with the setup you listed."

The setup listed was "2 12" subs and 800 watt amp". Doesn't say what subs. So although I'm on that site looking for how they installed their big 3, just amazes me that SO many think caps are good or are the fix. And I do realize that caps can be the answer, if done properly, but if you have dimming lights, no big 3 upgrade, all original stock electrical, a cap is most definitely not the answer.

And that will be the end of my threadjack.

Sheena = pedobear

along with wasted, i knew just about nothing before I got on this site. Just the basic how to hook up an amp and subs. My friend got me into Steve's video's and that got me into this site. Now I'm your un-average basshead that knows a thing or 2 about car audio. I wouldn't call anyone on this site your "average" basshead.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

I think "average" are those who roll with Kicker, spent maybe a grand or two on their systems, and roll around like they're kings of the audio world. Then someone that actually knows something comes by with some sundown, dc, or anything else of the sort and blows them out of the water. Lol.

And I seriously just read another response that I quote... "The big 3 doesn't do anything". I'm not sure that even if I find anything for the big 3 on that site (only on there since it's specifically for my car), that I'll use their knowledge. When you get answers like that... Wow. It's as one wrote up on here, don't expect your 80 amp alt to suddenly produce 200 amps because you did the big 3. All you're doing is fully utilizing what your alt CAN do. Providing a bigger band of least resistance.

Sheena = pedobear

Lol yeah. Its funny. Now that i dont. Hqvent had any theft issues lol.

And some 'big 3' answers are funny.

I do hqve caps. They help a bit. But they are a "bandade". At best. Gettin rid of them once i get a ho alt.

Archived