Space Shuttle Endeavour Fly By (piggy back on Carrier) (pics)

While it's cool and all, not putting that down at all, how the hell can airlines charge us for overweight baggage? I mean seriously, can carry a shuttle but has problem with baggage?

Anyways, definitely cool that you got to see it in person. Likin the pics.

more lbs means more gas to move it. You're getting charged for that extra gas

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

While I get that since it is simple to get, as if your vehicle is empty, it'll get the best gas mileage. Fill it up and weigh it down, it'll suffer on gas mileage. But isn't a shuttle heavier than all the cargo (baggage and persons) of a normal flight? I know, just another way of making money but still... carries a jet but has problem with baggage. Ironic to me.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Sheena = pedobear

While I get that since it is simple to get, as if your vehicle is empty, it'll get the best gas mileage. Fill it up and weigh it down, it'll suffer on gas mileage. But isn't a shuttle heavier than all the cargo (baggage and persons) of a normal flight? I know, just another way of making money but still... carries a jet but has problem with baggage. Ironic to me.

The 747 that carrys the shuttle is is an empty shell and total weight is actually less than a normal 747 fully loaded with passengers and cargo. That's what they said the other day on the news atleast.

"According to NASA, the shuttle-shuttling 747s handle more sluggishly at slow speeds, burn about twice the amount of fuel and have to be more careful about avoiding inclement weather. (A normal 747 can go over 5,000 nautical miles; the retrofitted NASA 747s barely exceed 1,100 nautical miles in one go.)"

Source: http://dcist.com/2012/04/how_the_747_managed_to_carry_the_sh.php

It does state that the shuttle 747 weighs as much as a 747 with JUST passengers, or atleast that's what they say. But also consumes a lot more fuel.

Sheena = pedobear

sweet pics! best i seen so far. what camera did you take em with?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

"According to NASA, the shuttle-shuttling 747s handle more sluggishly at slow speeds, burn about twice the amount of fuel and have to be more careful about avoiding inclement weather. (A normal 747 can go over 5,000 nautical miles; the retrofitted NASA 747s barely exceed 1,100 nautical miles in one go.)"

Source: http://dcist.com/2012/04/how_the_747_managed_to_carry_the_sh.php

It does state that the shuttle 747 weighs as much as a 747 with JUST passengers, or atleast that's what they say. But also consumes a lot more fuel.

Yea it consumes a lot more fuel because it has a huge glider on top of it which creates drag. More drag equals more fuel consumed.

Fucker was flying damn low.

Ya it was!

hey did you get my message about the Kicker headphones? I been trying to let you know i have them at the shop.

Nope never got a message. When are you free?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?