DD1 arrived yesterday

I know I'm a little behind the curve, but I received my brand new DD1 a couple days ago. No need for pics, since everyone knows what they look like. I was happy to set the gains on HU and both amps. System is much cleaner PLUS the Kenwood KDC-HD552U is clip free all the way to 35 :)

I would like someone to give me a cool story bro, that is all.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I also have a kenwood and mine also is clip free all the way up to 35 but my speakers start distorting after 31-32 depends on the track so I just re tune it to 30 max and go from their to be safer

Btw cool story bro :)

Edited by Noelito

I ran mine at 30 before, I set the amps to just under clipping at 32 so I have headroom. They sound much louder and they never popped before, and still dont. I'm really pleased and I had gains set in like 10-15 minutes for both amps and HU.

I can't wait to setup guys around here if they want. I don't know a lot of fellow SMDers here in Phoenix, but I'm sure they'll come out of the woodwork.

I know I'm a little behind the curve, but I received my brand new DD1 a couple days ago. No need for pics, since everyone knows what they look like. I was happy to set the gains on HU and both amps. System is much cleaner PLUS the Kenwood KDC-HD552U is clip free all the way to 35 :)

I would like someone to give me a cool story bro, that is all.

353f4z.jpg

glad you love your dd-1 bro :D i just had to though :roflmao:

qm.gif

qm.gif

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

This is EXACTLY the cool story bro I was expecting someone to post, hahaha. Thanks for such a great tool Steve, it's really simplified the process of setting gains and knowing what's going on with a system's settings.

On a side note, I must've missed it, I didn't realize these things were being assembled here in Phoenix where I live. I remember talk of coming to visit by Ray and by yourself at one point I think. I guess Tony D stuck around AZ after his days with Fosgate huh?

Anyway, like I said earlier, great tool, great price, and great performance. I'm looking forward to buying and trying your other products now that I know the ease of use I've been missing out on.

P.S. My girlfriend is the one that got it for me off of Amazon for my birthday and said every review she could find BLEW her mind. She's very supportive of the hobby and brags about the system and my passion to a lot of people. Anyone ever mentions anything system related, she's there to cheerlead for me. Hell, she's even understanding the concept of my Push/pull isobaric after explaining it to her a couple times.

Good story. If I ever make the trip up the 10 I will definitely look you up. How did you set your gains prior to the dd-1? How far off we're you?

I had them set by the good ole ear-o-meter. I wasn't hardly off on the mono amp at all. The highs amp was able to be turned up quite a bit though. It's nice having a clip free HU seriously. I can set wherever the highs start to get a little out of hand and back off a little.

Awesome ... Glad it works out as well as expected !!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch