• 2 weeks later...

Nice work man, the paint came out professional looking. The lights look nice coming out of the port also.

thanks! hopefully i can get good enough to do your hair in it. but right now its good enough for me lol

That looks great!!!

thanks man! love getting support!

and sorry everyone. i took a week off to go home for thanksgiving and i actually got some work done just before i left and i wasn't able to get the log updated. but now im back! and with some exciting stuff!

pictures!!

and screws!

WP_002211.jpg

thats right. it's finally come time to put the top on! (took long enough)

and well i figured before i did that i'd have to do my bolt terminals for the sub.

so drilling the holes!

WP_002212.jpg

so i know i haven't mentioned this before but i've been trying to do a clean job for this build so all my crimped ends and what now have all been soldered also.

WP_002214.jpg

the two inside leads done

WP_002215.jpg

and got them all connected to the bolts

WP_002217.jpg

WP_002218.jpg

and now that i had those figured out it was time to get the top all ready!

WP_002220.jpg

WP_002221.jpg

cooler angle

WP_002222.jpg

for the top i used liquid nails cause it wouldn't drip as much. but it was my first time using it and i put on a little too much :P oh well. better safe then sorry.

WP_002223.jpg

yeah a nice thick bead.

WP_002224.jpg

and it's on!

WP_002225.jpg

and now the new top is on the bottom just incase the liquid nails did run it wouldn't.

plus i could work on the bolt terminals

WP_002226.jpg

my little jumper leads to wire the coils how i want without having to remove the sub.

WP_002228.jpg

pretty happy with how those came out too.

WP_002230.jpg

and bam! the box is put together and in working order!!!

WP_002231.jpg

when i came back from thanksgiving i decided to throw it in my truck finally cause i've been without bass in soooooo long.

sooooooo i might have a fun update tomorrow :peepwall:

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

very impressive work. love the nice cuts you have with the circular saw. i do the same thing instead of using my baby table saw, never as nice but still.

definitely watching this one.

2013 Ford F250 CCLB XLT

Bone stock work truck for now

very impressive work. love the nice cuts you have with the circular saw. i do the same thing instead of using my baby table saw, never as nice but still.

definitely watching this one.

yeah it took me 12 hours to do all the cuts though :P but i wanted to spend my time and make them nice. i was gonna try the baby table saw but i didn't have anything to rest the other 7' of board on. and thanks!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I'm pretty jealous of your box...

Are the bolt connectors gonna be facing forward or backwards?

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

it would be nice to show off all those nice curves . a whole plexi side would be sweet

yeah true, i'd of had to paint the whole inside though and idk if i'd of done the led's like i did but that'd be sweet to show all the work i've done on the inside. though it shows when you play it! im also thinking of actually painting in where all the boards are on the top and bottom when i paint the outside. but it's just something i've been tossing in my head at the moment.

I'm pretty jealous of your box...

Are the bolt connectors gonna be facing forward or backwards?

hehe (: why thank you.

and well im not sure as far as the connectors which way facing. i was gonna hide them but since i spend all that time putting them in nice and soldering the joints i think im gonna face them forward to show them off. plus doing that puts the sub right behind me and the port a right behind the passenger and well i thought it might give me a little more sq but we'll see about it.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

looking nice!

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Archived